cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Not sure what to do

Hey @MB95, I am glad you are looking after yourself by watching Netflix, chilling out and ignoring her messages. This type of thing can be so exhausting especially when you are experiencing it in your home. It sounds so difficult and I can see how it would feel really overwhelming. I really hope that things calm down or that one of you are able to move out. How do you find living with your other housemate? Also, do you plan on talking to your psychologist about this again?

Highlighted

Hey @MB95,

I’ve just been reading through some of this thread and want to just say that I’m sorry about your housemate. They sound like a handful and not an ideal person to be living with.
I’ve not had any experience in a share house but I agree that any verbal abuse shouldn’t be tolerated. Taking to your psych and getting some legal advice sounds like a good idea.
Let us know how it goes.
Highlighted

Oh dear @MB95, I thought I replied to you last night but I think I passed out and didn't come back to check why you hadn't given us an update yet because I was deluded in thinking I'd replied 🤣 I hope you didn't see I hadn't replied and thought I was ignoring you!! Smiley Sad That's the kind of conclusion I'd jump to lol but I honestly must have dreamt that I responded.

It's okay, here to talk about what she said if you need, but also no pressure at all Smiley Happy

Spit the dummy?? HAHA I'll have to look that up.. what a strange idiom Smiley Tongue Not replying is definitely the way to go with this unfortunate character... How did watching netflix last night go?
Highlighted

Hey @MB95, how're you going today? Just wanting to check in to see if you're okay Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I hope you're doing okay @MB95 and are just taking a break from the forums... I imagine things have been really hard for you lately with your housemate... I wonder if it's bringing up memories of people being horrible to you in the past? Smiley Sad I hope you're okay, please take care of yourself, and remember how amazing you are ❤

*sloth hug*?
Highlighted

Thanks @Taylor-RO, I hope they calm down too!! It was a pretty damn exhausting week with my first full week of work in months, and then all the bullshit on top. But my housemate has stopped messaging now I'm ignoring her which is great! And she's away atm so it's nice I don't have to see her in person. My other housemates are great, especislly the new one, she's amazing! She was away when all this happened but since she's been back I've been feeling alot more supported cause she has just met me and said that our other housemate made is so personal towards me and there was no need for it. So it was just nice to hear it from someone who literally just met both of us! Cause obviously people I know will stick up for me so it just made me feel comfortable with my decision. She's been so supportive that she even suggested going to the real estate so we're hoping to meet with them tomorrow arvo! I didn't really want it to come to this but we just wanna make sure we have all our facts right cause we found in our lease that it sounds as though she has no legs to stand on. So I'm definately feeling less anxious and sick over it all now. I'm scared to see her when she gets back but we'll worry abou that when the time comes 🤣

I have an appointment with my psych tomorrow and she'll no doubt ask me about it but I'm not sure we'll talk much about it cause I think I'm feeling okay about it now. I'm not okay with the way my housemate treated me, or continues to treat me, but I'm okay with my decision now so it's easier to stand my ground. The rest is her damn problem and if she can't deal with it she can move out, I'll happily hold the door open for her 🤣 God that's mean, but she brings out the bitch in me lol 

Thanks @Alison5 💜 Lets hope the real estate can help us a little tomorrow and then if not I'll call the legal people my psych suggested! 

Ahahahaha we are too alike @Lost_Space_Explorer5! I would have jumped to that conclusion too 😂 But it's all good! Thanks for checking in, and for my sloth hug - I totally felt it 😍 And appreciated it!! Netflix was a good distraction, I'm watching Atypical atm and LOVE it! It's about this teenage boy with autism and growing up, I just love watching his relationship with his sister lol Well with anyone really.. I love how literal he is!! 

Anyway, thanks for checking in guys. I apprecite it! I just needed a bit of a break but think I'm starting to feel better now my new housemate is back. She doesn't know either of us yet feels I'm in the right and what my other housemate was saying to me was totally uncalled for. So in a strange way I feel less overwhelmed by it all and more supported and comfortable standing my ground. 

Highlighted

Your new housemate sounds bloody awesome @MB95! She's a keeper! I'm glad you guys have worked out how to get some facts and have felt supported. I really really want a sloth now. They are so cute. HAHA what have you done, I never really looked at sloths until you brought up this 'sloth hug' thing! Tell us how your psych appointment tomorrow goes! (if you want)
Highlighted

Ahahaha yeah I never realised how cute they were.. 🤣

And will do! Thanks for always listening and caring 💜

Highlighted

Naww you're most welcome, same to you! It's a great talking to you again, old pal Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 I feel like you might be able to relate to this, idk? I think it's my attachment coming out but if anyone can shed some light that would be great cause I really don't wanna go downhill again!!! 

I just had my psych appointment and we talked about the housemate situation for a bit and then she asked me what I would have done if I couldn't have talked to her the other day. I know it's probably stupid but I immediately felt like she was sick of me and annoyed I had asked her to call me. She suggested I google legal agencies next time and try calling them for assistance. Like I get she couldn't give me much advice but for some reason I really just felt like I needed to talk to her. Idk. I just feel like absolute shit now and like she hates me and is sick of me. I may have teared up when we hung up cause I just feel like a waste of time. I shouldn't have got her to call me. I know she probably didn't mean it like that but it's how I feel. I don't even want to talk to her now and think I'm going to cancel our appointment next week so I'm not wasting her time anymore. I just feel like shit. I feel upset but I also feel angry at myself. I need to stop relying on her and the best way to do that is to stop talking to her. But I'm scared to cut her out. But I know I have to do it. Ugh, idk. I just fucking hate myself. 😔