cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW? Generally feeling alone

Just feeling alone.

I'm safe. Just alone, even though I'm surrounded by people.

Highlighted

Re: TW? Generally feeling alone

[R@xXLexi_Lou122Xx Do you need someone to talk to?

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS sorta.
I'm not really in the mood to type, but I do want to talk to someone.
Highlighted

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

I'm sorry that you are feeling alone right now. I want to ask: what is happening right now that is making you feel alone? Even though you said you are not in the mood at the moment to type, I would like to hear what you have to say when you are ready. 

Highlighted

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

You are not alone in feeling alone Heart. In fact FriendLine was created for the sole purpose of freeing people from loneliness. It's an Australian (perhaps even international) epidemic. If you're 18 and up for talking over the phone then you can call them. For information visit their website here

Alternatively, once you feel up to typing, we are always here to listen. Heart

Highlighted

Hey @Milkninja222

I guess I’m just a little scared for school to start. I won’t have any friends there yet, and I feel like I’ll be super antisocial. I always am in a new place...

School doesn’t start until next week, but it’s starting to get to me now.
Highlighted

Thank you @Maddy-RO
But I don’t really like calling up help lines. They don’t help in any way whatsoever.
Not to mention that I’m only 14.
Highlighted

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx, starting school without knowing anyone can be super daunting, right? (Also can't believe school starts again next week, ahhh! Why does it have to be so soon???)

I was wondering if you still keep in touch with your friends from your previous school? Maybe you can contact them to help ease the nerves about starting school?

Also, you've mentioned before that you don't find helplines to be helpful, am I right? I wonder if you still find us a helpful as a forum to you?

Sending hugs as always <3

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx , 

I can totally understand feeling scared about school starting, it's always a pretty anxious time - I can sometimes take awhile to warm up to new people and places, so I really relate to what you say about feeling like you'll feel antisocial at first.  

I think @Esperanza67 's idea of catching up (whether in person or online) with friends from your old school is great - can you plan out something nice for yourself, like trying out a new cafe after school or something, to have something to look forward to during the week? I'm also wondering if you know much about your new school - do they offer any activities that you may be interested in?

I remember not really knowing anyone when I started high school, and there were a lot of cliques from people who went to primary school together ( I was the only person from my primary school to go there) - I really found my tribe through music and the school band programs, other people I know found 'their people' through sport and stuff. 

And the community here is always here if you want to have a chat ,or play a game! We are all here to support you, and know that you have a bunch of people who think you're awesome, and have your back Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Hey @Esperanza67
Yeah, and I definitely can’t believe that school’s starting next week. It seems only yesterday I was looking for a casual job for the holidays! (That was a fail, but I have some ideas on where I can start getting work experience).

I can still keep in touch with my old friends, but I’m not allowed to contact people on my phone at all during school hours. Even then, they would be busy with whatever they are doing.

ReachOut is more of a place to find people that have the same problems, and get peer support. Rather than an empty voice repeating the same thing over again, that’s already been said before.

ReachOut is different. We all have our different personalities and problems, and we work together to make things work.

I don’t class ReachOut as a helpline, because it’s anonymous and multiple people can help at the same time. And you can’t call people either. Only chatting on a forum.
That’s what I like about ReachOut.

And I haven’t gotten very triggered or been unsafe before, all because of ReachOut!

So yes, ReachOut is still the most helpful anything’s ever been to me. And I love helping other users where I can too!