cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Think I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder

Hey @Pasta 

Just wanted to check in with you, sounds like yesterday was rough. I hope you were able to get some rest and wake up feeling better today Heart 

It's really good that you took yourself out to do laps when you were feeling angry and sad. Do you feel like it helped to get out of the house and walk? 

Also, I can sense that calling KHL is a bit of a challenge for you? I understand only feeling comfortable speaking to one of the counsellors. If you ever wanted to try talking to someone else from khl, I'm sure they would be more than happy to spend some time with you Heart 

@Tiny_leaf I hardly even remember what happened last night, it's like trying to recall a dream, very blurry, distant memory. I don't know if or how possible a webchat would be, I left the house last night to call khl so no one would over hear me. Yes "they" is the counselor that answered the phone.

@Bre-RO feeling exhausted and tired still. I think it helped distract me from what was happening. I know that anyone that answers at khl is willing to help, that's their job after all. When I try to talk to anyone else there is almost always long moments of silence because I literally can't get the words out of my mouth. It's so hard for me to talk to anyone about this for me.

Hey @Pasta 

I hope you've been able to spend the day relaxing considering you're feeling so tired Heart I can hear how hard it is for you to talk about what's going on for you - it's really brave that you continue to try and talk to someone despite how difficult it is. 

When I worked supporting people over the phone it was quite common that people would have long pauses and take some time getting their words out. Apart of being willing to help is allowing people the space and time to express themselves. If you give them a call again remember that you deserve all the time you need to get the words out Heart 

I felt fine the whole day, but it was weird after school and I arrived home I forgot. For a short time, a couple minutes I forgot what I looked like, I forgot who I was. It was kind of scary and I'm really starting to realise how quickly everything is happening, I thought I had more time but it's basically a week until I finish school. Everything feels fake, my surroundings, myself, almost as if it were all a movie set or something, all made up, scripted, I feel like I have no control or choice.

@Pasta would you like to try a grounding exercise?

@Tiny_leaf sure, I understand what they're but have no clue what's involved aha.

@Pasta sorry about how long I took my brain's everywhere today.

One exercise is:

Name four things you can see.

Name three things you can hear.

Name two things you can feel.

Name one thing you can smell.

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf that's okay, I actually searched the term in YouTube and found a couple different ones. That technique or method you suggested is the same one I've been told for panic attacks, to calm and I guess like you said ground myself.

Hi @Pasta how did you find the grounding techniques? Great idea @Tiny_leaf!

Are there any that you would use again in future?

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here