cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Think I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder

This is a weird feeling I have, for some reason I want recognition for something I did. I just want to hear someone say that I've done the right thing but posting this makes me sound selfish almost idk it's weird. I know if I say what I did everyone will say I've done the right thing but it's almost like it's been forced out. It's confusing and I really don't know how I feel or how to express what I'm feeling.

@Pasta do you think what you're looking for is validation?

@Tiny_leaf I really don't know, I know what I did was the right decision, I think. Everyone will say it's the right decision too. But no-one has said anything about it, not even the person involved. I don't know why I'm even still thinking about it, it happened about two weeks ago.

@Pasta do you think that because you've received no external feedback saying you did the right thing you're starting to doubt yourself? 

Or something else?

@Tiny_leaf I think what you said is right, I think I'm begging to doubt my desicion.

@Pasta that sounds really difficult...

Would you have done anything different if you had to do it again?

@Tiny_leaf I really don't know, it goes from one to sort of an extreme. That's what I'm also sorta thinking about if I were to choose the other option. How would everything be now. I don't know if should discuss the topic here or not as I know some of the people who use the forums are young and I'm not sure if it breaks any of the rules and guidelines for the forum.

@Pasta  I just want to say that is is OK and normal and NOT selfish to want praise, validation or for someone to acknowledge something you did. that is a human need and it is not wrong to want to feel appreciated and important. it is wrong to go around making demands for people but it is ok to just enjoy or desire validation and praise. 

as for self doubt that is also ok but is tricky and can be super uncomfortable to sit with. if no one has said anything it could also mean everything is fine. hopefully you can find a way to process this but perhaps if you see any professionals it could be good to check in with them about this and talk it through with them.    

Hi @Pasta 

I just wanted to echo what @Eden1717 said here. It's totally normal to want validation - in a way getting peoples feedback helps to guide the choices you make in the future. That's all part of learning to trust your judgement - also it feels good to have someone let you know you're on the right track Heart 

It sounds like whatever has happened is really weighing heavy on you. If you want to share more about what's going on have a little read of the guidelines here and see if you can tell us more Heart 

I think it's fine to talk about what "happened", it was at the party that I was taking about around two weeks ago. It's about this girl who I met there, she was "all over me". We were both under the influence of alcohol but she was clearly more effected by it. We talked and she asked more than once if we could go talk somewhere else, away from everyone else. I froze once again, I couldn't move and I can't even remember what I was thinking at the time. I guess I didn't want things to go any further that night because I felt like I would have been taking advantage of her and I didn't want to ruin the friendship that was created that night. But I've managed to ruin it all by myself throughout these two weeks. I got asked more than once by my friends if anything happened that night, or why I didn't and like I said I felt like I would have been taking advantage. Now I've been thinking what if something did happen that night, how different would everything have panned out. Would things be better than what they are now.