cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: idk what to do anymore

@roseisnotaplant you are right i am happy and comfortable with myself now more than ever and other people opinions dont have to make me feel down. So far school is going okay most people have reacted positively so im a bit more relaxed now which is nice for a change

That's really good to hear @not-an-otter Smiley Happy

So i've had a real bad week and this is probably the worst I've felt in a long time. And I'm mad at myself because the only reason I don't have the help I need is because of myself. Like it would be so easy to ask somebody or even to call a helpline and there are literally no excuses except for my stupid mind that won't allow me to do anything and it's so frustrating I can't handle it anymore.

I'm too scared to ask for help and I'm scared of being vulnerable and most of the time I hate being me. 

I'm trying to study for exams right now but I can't concentrate and I'm getting distracted so easily but I have to do the work on my computer which is not helping and I've barely got anything done and I'm a bit stressed. Not even about the actual exams, but because I feel dumb like I'm struggling with the content and I don't understand because everything is moving too fast and I'm really not motivated.

Hey @not-an-otter 

I'm sorry to read that you have had such a bad week Smiley Sad.  That can be one of the weird things with our minds; sometimes we don't ask for help during the times when we need it most.  This can be especially true when we are feeling vulnerable.  Reaching out on here is a great start though.  We are all here for you Heart

When you are ready it might be a good idea to either call a helpline, such as KHL on 1800 551 800, or Eheadspace 1800 650 890.  They will be there to listen to you and offer some counselling.  They are professionally trained to help you.  You could even start with a webchat (see here) if that's easier for you.  Let us know how you go Heart

Hey @not-an-otter 

It sounds like a bit is going on at the moment, it can be really hard when everything builds up. You sound like you are being pretty hard on yourself, but by coming here and also trying to study you are really showing resilience. Maybe if you are getting distracted it may be good to take a break for a bit, I find that when I stop thinking about study and give myself a real break then when I come back to it I can concentrate 

I'm so sorry you've had such a bad week @not-an-otter. Smiley Sad Exams can be so stressful, especially if you have a lot of other things going on at the same time.

I'm here for you if you need some support but if you don't feel as though you can talk to someone, would writing down your feelings help?

I’m worried about doing web chats or calling helplines because my parents have recently learnt to check my search history and call history which is fun so now I am using reach out for research purposes for a school project that I am 100% definitely doing and definitely exists. I’m so sick of making excuses why I don’t get help though, like if I actually wanted help I would find a way right? So maybe I don’t need help and im just being over dramatic.

@not-an-otter  That sounds so tough. Smiley Sad

Do you think that using a private browser would help? Your search history usually isn't saved when you use private browsing.