cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

there are so many stressors @TOM-RO
unfortunatly yes im safe just struggling badly.
i tried to speak with headspace, they gave me 20 minutes to talk gave me an exercise that i already done and thats was it. it was unhelpful and just made me feel presured to talk.
i dont know how im going to get through everything, every day theres something new to worry about and nothing is dissipating. it just keeps adding and adding and adding.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@TOM-RO i also didnt get notified you tagged me, just that you had responded to the thread

@scared01  It sounds like you're in good hands at that hospital. Smiley Happy
The hostel idea sounds frustrating. Smiley Frustrated
I'm sorry that you've been struggling so much. Headspace sounds like it wasn't much help. Smiley Sad

I think the NDIS could be a good option but it could take a long time to get approval. I have had to go through them with one of the people I am caring for and it has been such a frustrating process. They give you deadlines to contact them or provide them with documents. You may have to provide your birth certificate, citizenship details and evidence of your residence such as a utility bill. They like lots of documents about your medical condition such as occupational therapy reports, physiotherapist reports, doctors reports, hospital reports, discharge summaries, etc. A GP also had to provide a report. We also included a scan of the patient's passport. We tried to email the documents through but then they claimed that we didn't send them before the 28 day deadline even though we had, so we had to sort it out.

There are some other alternatives to the NDIS depending on where you live and which kind of services you need. An occupational therapist might be able to help with this.

I really hope you can get some kind of assistance. Heart

@scared01 sorry to hear you didn't find headspace helpful. Have you tried contacting any other helpline? Hope you are feeling better today <3

thank you @WheresMySquishy Heart
there will be an acat assessment for the person im caring for a few weeks before my operation and i really hope thatll be enough time to get things sorted for some care or him.
his medical conditions just seem to keep on adding and i dont know how he will go here without me. i only have to mention im sick or something and he goes into a tail spin so im not sure him staying home alone with some check ins will be a good idea cause once he finds out im having an operation he will probably have another stress reaction.

hi @Beautifullybroken  nice to see you again

i have tried other helplines but im abit to tired to contact them again for a few days. i spoke with my psychologist today and it felt really pointless so i dont think ill be going back now. 

i feel really quite awful and high self harm urges ( im safe) so im trying to manage those tonight and hopefully an early bed time

Hi @scared01, it sounds like things have been quite difficult for you over the past little while Heart I really hope that the ACAT assessment works out!

Thanks for letting us know you're safe, I'm sorry to hear about the self-harm urges. What's your plan for managing them tonight? Heart

Hey @scared01, tonight sounds tough. You have been doing your best to reach out for support when you need it which is amazing. What do you think would have made the session with your psychologist more helpful? It really sucks when things don't go as we hoped.. are the sessions usually helpful? Great to hear that you are safe, what are you doing to manage that tonight? Heart
Highlighted

I hope the ACAT assessment goes well @scared01. Hopefully they will recommend some supports or a carer while you're gone. I want to try and organise one for my grandmother, but I have to get my other family members on board with it and find a time that can suit us. The GP and some other people have recommended it.
My grandma is like that too. Her thinking and behaviour tend to get worse when people aren't around. She panics and does unsafe things. She is also paranoid about having visitors unless someone is with her. My sister is similar in that being alone stresses her out, but at least she was able to get used to the people at the hospital and eventually get over us not visiting until later in the day. The hospital actually encouraged us to leave her so that we could have a break from the caring and she could learn to cope with not having us around all the time.

I just read that EnableNSW can offer some financial assistance towards travel and accommodation costs for patients who need to access treatment that isn't available locally. I wonder if there is a similar service in your state. That could be another option for when you have your operation.

hi @mrmusic nice to see you. thank you for your support. Heart
i ended up just watching a movie and then heading to bed, ive been feeling pretty worn out and with a busy weekend i figured a little extra sleep wouldnt go astray