cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is it time for hospital

unfortunateley it has gotten pretty bad

my mother is still int he dark about how bad it really is and i dont want to tell her.
the reason im thinking it as i dont really know any other options at the moment
i cant control my SH and its like an addiction
My suicide thoughts are gettin stronger and harder to ignore and i have been at the point where seriously thinking about making a plan and acting on it. even while i havent had a plan ideas have been swirling around
all i see now is SH and ways to do it and ways to cope.
i was going through my strategies today as to how to solve these urges and how to resist them
as iw as going through i could think of many ways i could self harm instead of focussing at the task at hand. everywhere i look theres always something i can find

my urges coem off so strong now that it actually hurts me, it makes me sweat and muscles cramp up and all i can think is i need to release something to help myself

i rung a helpline as i was havign these overwhelming thoughts and stonrg SH urges and do you know what they said to me? contact another helpline
i ahve spoken to my gp and both her, my nurse, and my psychiatrist and previous psychologist said i should be in hospital or something but i cant seem to do it
i had a chance to go to somewhere like what do they call it like a retreat or something
but i turned it down because im not insured and i cant afford it otherwise

even if i wasnt to go into hospital i think i need to do something

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: when is it time for hospital

Hey @scared01 that sounds really tough and something we definitely all want to support you through, really sounds like a hard time at the moment for you Smiley Sad

I am very worried about your safety. That's very odd of the helpline, sorry to hear this was the case. Most helpline's have a feedback/support section where you can raise issues like this if that helps at all. If you're not up for a phone counselling-line you could try your local mental health team (I can email the number to you for your state), or alternatively you could take yourself to the local hospital.

I think its really important you get into that Psych soon which is why I was curious as to when the appt was - really worried about you. Are you in need of any medical attention at the moment?

i dont know what else to do @Bree-RO this isnt just today this has been the past few days

im trying to look at option at the moment. i dont think i can go to hospital id be so much more disowned its not funny

i dont really know what else to do, i dont know of any other services

i see my psychiatrist on thusrday morning and i see my nurse tomorrow

no  i dont need medical attention

That's good that you're seeing some people this week at least Smiley Happy

Bare with me a few mins and I will list a bunch of services that could be useful to you in the next post.

yes @Bree-RO

beleive me i  thought i could live past going to hoispital i would already be there

and thank you

Okay here's a few services..

This link here at hold on to life has all the Crisis Support Services aside from 000.

This website/number can help you if you want to discuss some of the stuff around family and your Mum, I know this is a challenge for you and you definitely deserve some further support, they may be able to assist you with some of the big obstacles in the relationship and maybe even help you with how to let your family know a bit more about what you are going through.

There's also the BeyondBlue webchat Smiley Happy They also have a 24/7 phone service (1300 22 4636).

@scared01

thanks @Bree-RO

How are you traveling now? @scared01

Im still not aby better @Bree-RO
Im going to make a safety plan
If the options i have down dont work ill be ringing 000

I am sorry to hear how tough tonight is for you, sounds like a lot on your plate Smiley Sad

A safety plan is a wonderful idea, feel free to share it with us when you're done - could even start a new thread for it to refer back to Smiley Happy @scared01