cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink
qawsder
Rookie

originally posted on 07-03-2022 12:28 AM

During this time, I have watched ALL the films from the must-sin list! I didn't believe it was possible...

Evatorie
Casual scribe

originally posted on 05-01-2021 10:38 PM

I really loved it! I usually read books and doing my skincare routine (masks, nails). It helps me to reload and get more energy for the next few days. 

tacket
Casual scribe

originally posted on 31-03-2020 11:21 PM

Jess1-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 01-04-2020 1:33 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share something that was sent to me today! 

Taronga Zoo now have Taronga TV (24/7 animal enclosure live streaming!) 🙂 I think the feedings are live too, so you can watch all the animals Smiley Happy

Janine-RO
Star contributor

originally posted on 01-04-2020 11:29 AM

Hey @tacket , welcome to the forums! 

Just to let you know we had to remove the link from your post as per our Community Guidelines,.

It's great to hear that you're finding time for your hobbies, I'm just tagging in another forum member @Bento  who has been starting to design games. Having something to focus on is a great way to manage those feelings of anxiety and feel like we have some control over our lives at such an uncertain time 🙂 

Check out our community activities calendar here

originally posted on 01-04-2020 11:34 AM

Hey, crew! 

I just wanted to share this amazing piece from our content team, it's a collection of stories from young people around Australia about different things that they have been doing while they are at home.

Stories from young people during coronavirus

The stories range from Etcetera Etcetera, aka Oliver, a drag queen who can't perform live any more, but is doing live drag shows in instagram and collaborating on makeup design tutorials, to Zoe, who's finding gaming and contributing to good news story resources to be a real comfort. 

It really lifted my spirits this morning, and I thought it would also fit in well here with ideas for things to do at home 🙂

drag queen in makeup and big red wig

JazzInMay
Super frequent scribe

originally posted on 23-03-2020 11:29 PM

Great tips, thank you @Bre-RO!! I can't wait to get involved with some of these ideas!

Something I've been doing when I'm getting a little flat is chucking on a song with a good beat/a fave tune and having a solo dance party to really shake out the cobwebs! Smiley LOL

originally posted on 24-03-2020 2:07 PM

I absolutely love this thread! 

I've been really loving watching the various live streams that different musicians have been doing while they're in isolation at home, there's been FB lives from all sorts of people and it really lifts my spirits. 

I also went to Bunnings on the weekend and picked up two modular raised garden beds, a bunch of soil and some veggie seeds! I have been meaning to start a veggie garden for 2 years but never got around to it, so this felt like a great time to do that. We have a few mandarin trees and some herbs that keep getting eaten by possums but I'm super excited about getting proper garden beds started. I find gardening very therapeutic, even if we don't end up producing much!

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 24-03-2020 2:30 PM

It's been great to read through what everyone is doing to stay well and busy at home! I've been really enjoying home cooked meals. Usually I'm always out and about and spending a lot of money on take-away - I forgot how great it is to eat at home. Today I had a vegetarian burger with my favourite pickles that I can never find at a restaurant

I'm also thinking about rescuing a pet to keep me company at home over the coming months - which I'm so excited about.

Cat Kitten GIF by ASPCA

Janine-RO
Star contributor

originally posted on 24-03-2020 4:06 PM

@Bre-RO  I am very very pro the cat plan!!!

These two have been keeping me company a lot while I work from home ( @Tiny_leaf  I think it was you who asked to see my cats the other day? Meet snowy and Sadie)

6EE9B752-2533-4BDF-996B-E219DC58EEF8.jpeg

A9C6B2A5-172A-4AAE-8F56-0EAD2279E5DC.jpeg

And I love the last part of the well-being wheel. 

I am finding myself really appreciating all of the beautiful things I see in nature even more at the moment. I took a few photos on my weekend jog and in my garden and they make me smile 

EBB7D866-BDAC-4414-9286-451ECA350889.jpeg

ED515BE0-61F7-43D0-B3ED-DE9098FE0798.jpeg

845A8167-9822-475D-8DCF-9B9AE6D8A9A3.jpeg

43ACCF7E-6232-48E3-BC60-A7C92DF6CFE3.jpeg

originally posted on 24-03-2020 6:11 PM

@Bre-RO yes do it!!

@Janine-RO awww!!!!

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 24-03-2020 4:38 PM

Aw so pretty!! Heart 

scared01
Uber contributor

originally posted on 19-03-2020 8:15 PM

great tips thanks! @Bre-RO
I also find arts and crafts quite helpful from scrapbooking, to crochet, making dreamcatchers or doing diamond art (you can purchase dreamcatcher and diamond art kits on the internet and have them delivered if preferred)
and also online studying!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

originally posted on 21-03-2020 3:50 AM

This is an amazing thread! 🙂

Here are some websites that might be helpful when you're stuck at home:
Librivox  - This has free public domain audiobooks.
Tubi - You can watch shows and movies for free here. It is supported by ads.
SBS on Demand 
ABC iView
Kanopy  - This can be available to you if you are a member of a participating library.

originally posted on 22-03-2020 6:17 PM

Thanks for this thread @Bre-RO xx

MB95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 19-03-2020 12:22 AM

So many great ideas!!! 

Thanks @Bre-RO 😍

My uni has just sent an email out saying we will be closing on Monday so these are certainly going to come in handy! I've been finding life hard atm in general so these will be such a nice distraction thankyou!!! 

Tiny_leaf
Uber contributor

originally posted on 18-03-2020 3:47 PM

@Bre-RO this is actually really useful for me and others who have to spend ages at home anyway.

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 18-03-2020 3:56 PM

Thanks @Jess1-RO 🙂 

And @Tiny_leaf I totally agree - A few of my friends that are mainly at home do a lot of these things to stay well. 

Jess1-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 18-03-2020 3:26 PM

Love this so much @Bre-RO! Thank you for all these amazing ideas for wellbeing 🙂 

I am going to take up the spring clean option this week to make my home environment more comfortable. I'll have to report back!