Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

WheresMySquishy
Uber contributor

Farewell from WheresMySquishy!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not being around much these past few weeks. I had two surgeries because the stones in my right kidney had grown and have been at the hospital much of the time. It wasn't an emergency like last time but I'm happy that they are gone and aren't going to cause problems. I've started a new medication that I'll have to take for the rest of my life in a bid to reduce further occurrences, which I'm still trying to get used to, and I'm going to have some more tests to see if there are some other possible causes. I still have some new stones in my left kidney but I hope I won't have to have surgery again for a while. My nephrologist seems to think it's from the family history and my IBS (which also has a family history), which could be causing issues with absorbing calcium.

Anyway, this post is just to say goodbye to you all as I'll be aging out of our community next week. ReachOut has been a huge part of my life for close to three years and I'll miss everyone on here. I have learned through so much through being a builder and then a mod and I hope that the community can continue to grow over years to come. I originally joined the forums during a difficult time of my life, when it was hard to leave the house due to my caring role. I thought that volunteering my time as a builder would help me gain new skills and give me something fulfilling to do in my spare time outside of caring. Little did I know, I would find such a supportive community and make so many wonderful connections! I've truly loved chatting to everyone on here and will definitely miss it. I'd like to say a big thank you to each and every one of you! You have all made such a big impact on my life. Keep being your awesome selves. You may not always know what kind of impact you can have on someone's life, but you can definitely keep on sowing seeds of support and hope.

I wish everyone in this community all the best in the future. I also wish everyone a happy holiday period and new year!

Who rated this post