cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye from Gina!

Hello wonderful community, 

After a year and a half of posting, reading, supporting and being all round inspired by the ReachOut community, the time has come for me to say goodbye

I have loved working with the incredible Moderators, Builders, and members to grow and support this great community, and to encourage powerful peer support.

This community offers a unique opportunity for all of us to grow, and be supported through life's ups and downs - it is rare to find such a generous and kind bunch of people on the internet! 

Keep doing what you all do- supporting one another with grace and kindness, tapping into your own strength and resilience, and being open about when you need extra support. You're in very safe hands with the rest of the ReachOut Community team. 

There might be opportunities for me to jump back on and say hi, but my last day as a Community manager will be Wednesday 5th of June.

Thank you all  for having me here in your community and for being all round great! I will miss you! Heart 

giphy (18).gif

Re: Goodbye from Gina!

OMG @gina-RO you're kidding me! i'm gonna miss you so much! Heart

Thank you for everything you've done for me on these forums. You ahve helped me to become someone i'm proud of and can keep (relatively) in control. 

You have done so much fro these forums and we all love and will miss you so much!

love and (goodbye) hugs, 

blobby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear that you'll be leaving us @gina-RO and I wish you all the very best for your future endeavours! RO has been lucky to have you.

Thank you for your invaluable contributions to the forums!! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

aww not you too Smiley Sad @gina-RO
i wish you well with all your endevours but i and others will miss you Heart

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, encouragment, vulnerability, resilience and compassion just to name a few around the forums. it has been a pleasure being able to work wth you, get to know you and be able to share the good along with being guided with the harder things in life. Its definently been an honour to know you Heart 

1.jpgg.jpgg1.pngthSBHOAV2Q.jpg

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@gina-RO I'm going to miss you!!

Thank you for all of the support you've given to me and others on the forums, and I wish you the best for the future. 

Image result for internet hugs gif

@gina-RO  I'm going to miss you so much! Thank you so much for everything you've contributed to the forums! You've been a big help to so many people.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!

cooltext325654080152875.png
giphy

OMFG NO!!!! @gina-RO I’m literally crying and I’m nearly at school!
When I saw ‘time to say goodbye to Gina’ my heart legit dropped! This can’t be real 😭 you’ve helped me so much and I’m gonna miss you like crazy!!!
Thank you soooo much for everything you’ve done to help me and other members here ❤️ I cannot say how thankful I am to have come across a beautiful community like this and to ‘meet’ you! I really appreciate everything you’ve done here and the time you’ve given me! The support you offer is just so helpful and it’s just different! In a really good way. In all your posts I just see more than a few words of advice.. and I’m gonna miss it way too much!!!
Goodbye Gina x 👋😊😭
I wish you all the best with your future ❤️
Omg stop crying me!!!

Logged in this morning to all these wonderful replies! 

Goodbyes and change are never easy Heart

giphy (19).gif

@blobby  @letitgo  @scared01 @Tiny_leaf  @WheresMySquishy  @Bananatime04 

Thank you all so much for your generous beautiful words!! 
I have been so so lucky to 'meet' you all,  and work together with all of you - it has been so amazing for me to see all of you grow and overcome so many different things. 

You have each inspired me in different ways! 

im glad youve got the chance to say goodbye though @gina-RO some mods have slipped away quietly Smiley Sad
You will be missed so much. if you get the chance you should come back on and say hello no special roles required Smiley Wink
can i ask what the next part of your journey is?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thank you @scared01 - yes very true, having the time to say goodbye is important for me, and for the rest of the community. 

You sure can! - I'll be staying in the peer support space but moving away from online work, and into a harm-reduction community role - working with drug users in the community to improve safety and empowerment, and advocating for harm reduction drug reform! Something I am very passionate about, and excited to be working with a peer-led team in this area Heart