cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Weekly Wellbeing Activity: Meeting new people

For everyone seeing this post, this activity involves introducing ourselves and one interesting thing about each of us. After posting your response, there are some questions that would be good for discussing. These are:

1. What are some reasons that you have for wanting to meet someone new?
  2. What are some strategies you find help with meeting new people?
  3. What have you found to be most difficult with meeting new people?

It would be awesome to read what people have shared and any advice that comes up from this topic Smiley Very Happy

If anyone has any questions other questions, please post them up. The more we have, the better for this topic!

Meeting-new-people-copy.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Weekly Wellbeing Activity: Meeting new people

Hi @Milkninja222 and thanks for making such an awesome weekly wellbeing activity! Can't wait to hear how our community meet new people Smiley Happy

Just tagging a few members who have posted this week who might be interested in this activity Smiley Happy 

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx @blobby @JazzInMay @liv1611 @Tay100 @ecla34 @Tiny_leaf @recharging_introvert  @Bento @Alison5 

Feel free to tag other members!

Highlighted

Thanks for the tag @Jess1-RO, cool thread idea @Milkninja222!

I might sit this one out until I feel motivated to share. But I definitely will reply properly sometime this week! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

hey guys!

my name is blobby!

Image result for blob gif

and i really want a plate of chicken wings right now. 
Image result for chicken wing gif

another interesting fact about myself is i am playing rizzo in grease the musical for the second time!

Image result for rizzo grease gif

1. i want to meet new people so we can create an even bigger community here on RO!

2. it always helps to be confident and just go meet them and say hello! be kind, gracious and humble! works like a charm (somehow)

3. i am a little shy Smiley Happy i find it a bit difficult to speak up sometimes, particularly in an environment where i don't know a lot of people. 

can't wait to meet some people on this thread!

love blobby <3

Image result for gif yay

Highlighted

Hey @Milkninja222 

Thanks for creating this awesome activity. I think heaps of people here will benefit from reading through everyone's answers Heart I thought I'd get involved in this one. 

What are some reasons that you have for wanting to meet someone new?

Meeting new people can change your whole life! Sometimes meeting just one new person can open you up to a whole new  group of people, new experiences and perspectives. I can't imagine my life without certain people and I know if I didn't meet them my life would be completely different. 

such nice shiba inu GIF

What are some strategies you find help with meeting new people?

This is a great question - I personally find it hard to be myself when I first meet a new person. How I get around that feeling and connect with others despite of this is mainly to ask them questions about their life/views/experiences. That helps me work out what I'm comfortable to share with the person. Sometimes I can see straight away that the person I'm talking to is my kind of friend and I find myself opening up/being myself really quickly Smiley Happy 

be yourself GIF

^ this is me when I finally open up haha 

What have you found to be most difficult with meeting new people?

Sometimes when trying to meet new people you're bound to realise that you don't really gel with a certain person or group. I find that difficult at times but I just try to remind myself it's a normal part of life and it's okay to connect with certain types of people Smiley Happy Awkward moments are bound to happen and in a way it makes it even more special when you do find new people that you enjoy being around. 

awkward handshake GIF by Matt Cutshall

Highlighted

Hi there, I'm Tay100!  Thanks to @Milkninja222 for getting this going and @Jess1-RO for the tag!

Something you should know about me is that if I'm not studying or chilling, then I'm always, without fail, craving corn chips and salsa!

1. What are some reasons that you have for wanting to meet someone new?
    I'm was looking to expand my friendship group and thought why not explore the online space to achieve that? You can meet a variety of people on here!

2. What are some strategies you find help with meeting new people?
    Definitely using forums and social media as of late, also trying to meet other friends of my friends because it's easy to meet up and connect with them!

3. What have you found to be most difficult with meeting new people?
    Mmmm....trying to appear likeable, bond with them and pay them close attention whilst still involving the person who introduced us, it's a social balancing act!

Highlighted

Hi blobby, nice to meet you!

Omggg I did Grease for our year12 musical, it was legendary! What have your Rizzi experiences been like?
Highlighted

Ohh yes totally, actually these gifs really do represent my experiences also! The people in my life certainly help me grow and change, and maybe I help them do the same. That's why meeting people is so vital!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi everyone, I'm a new member.

1. I'd like to meet someone new because I have no friends, online or in person. Sometimes it can be interesting meeting new people, hopefully finding out that you have similar likes and dislikes then you can bond over interests you share.
2. I don't know, I can't think of any, I struggle with meeting new people, even online.
3. Same as the answer for question 2.

Highlighted

Hi musiclover,

Nice to see you found this great thread!

I totally relate to what you saying- meeting new people even online can be a struggle! Is there something I or any of us can do to make that process a bit easier for you? For me, just high-fiving more 'fun' posts and exploring the main menu of the forum, particularly the Hangout section really helped!

Let us know what you get up too Smiley Happy