cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Books!

@lokifish I think I might have read the second book, don't quite remember it much, so maybe I didn't personally enjoy it as much as the first haha.

Highlighted

@lokifish  I read all of the sequels, personally the first 3 books in the series are still my favourites though. It's been a million years since I read them all but a friend gave us the series recently, so I'd like to give them a read again. Did you see the TV series they made from the first book a few years ago? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

I've been reading the Percy Jackson series recently Smiley Very Happy I read the first one a little while ago but wanted to finally get around to the sequels. Just started book #4!

I've just started reading then for the first time too @lokifish 😁 still in the first one

It's making me want to learn more about Greek mythology to better appreciate them, but unfortunately just don't have time atm. Oh well, still thoroughly enjoying it!

Highlighted

I'm in the middle of reading How to Fail: Everything I've Ever Learned from Things Going Wrong. I got into because I listened to the How to Fail podcast everyday during my morning lockdown walks! Such a good book and podcast, makes me feel normal and appreciate that it's actually better in someways that things don't go perfectly all the time.

Highlighted

My favourite book of all time is The Book Thief - Markus Zusak.

It is honestly such a beautiful story and really stuck with me since I first read it. I haven't read it in a few years because I'm just too excited to read new books. I always have an internal battle between wanting to re-read old books I've loved and wanting to start new books! New books generally win but I should definitely make time to re-read stories I've loved. 

What does everyone else do when it comes to deciding between reading old or new books? 

Highlighted

I'm definitely a new book person! I love how there are so many books out there I can read (and how many books I have bought and haven't opened as well oops).

I'm on Daring Greatly by Rene Brown at the moment but the book that got me into reading again was Sage's Eyes by VC Andrews Smiley Happy
Highlighted

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Highlighted

The Book Thief is one of the few books which has made me cry ugly tears @JullyBean. The ending is so sad and a pertinent reminder of what happened in WWII.

The Kite Runner is also one of my faves @hunginc! I love how vividly he was able to depict growing up in Afghanistan. Have you read any of his other works?

I’ve read a few books since I last posted here.

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. TW for verbal abuse with this one - I must admit I didn’t see the ending coming and feel like it could’ve been done a bit better. The rest of the book was fantastic though.

The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. LOVED it - his books are always a joy to read and I love the philosophies embedded within them.

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. TW for sexual assault and domestic violence with this one. I’ve almost finished reading it and think I figured out who the murderer is about halfway through, but it’s great at keeping you hooked Smiley Tongue HBO have also made a TV show out of it, but I haven’t watched because I hate that it’s set in the US (the book is originally Australian)