cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel alone. i'm looking to talk to someone.

Hi! I'm feel lonely because of the issues I have been facing recently. My friends don't support me nor they care. My best friend always says that he is busy despite knowing my problems. He isn't ready to listen to me.

I will be grateful if someone can help! 

Re: I feel alone. i'm looking to talk to someone.

Hey @hpatel04, and thank you for sharing some of what's been going on for you. We'll try to support you as much as we can on the forums.

You mentioned that you've been facing some issues lately, I'm wondering if you could tell us a bit more about that?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hi @hpatel04, welcome to the forums!

Loneliness can be really hard, especially when i feels like no one understands...

I'm around if you need someone to listen, and I'm sure there are other people here who can do the same.

Highlighted

Hi @hpatel04! Welcome to the forums!

Dealing with loneliness can be so hard. I'm really sorry that your friends aren't supportive. Smiley Sad

I'm here for you if you want to talk about anything. We also have a helpful article about things you can do when you're feeling lonely here.

Hi @WheresMySquishy ! Thank you so much for your help! 

Hi @Tiny_leaf

I have few health concerns going on which is making it hard to cope with myself. I have never seek for help except from my friends so i'm really unsure how to talk. 

Thank you so much for your support! 

Hi @letitgo

I have some health concerns going on which is making it hard to cope with myself. 

Thank you so much for your support! 

Hi @WheresMySquishy!
Thank you so much for listening to me. I have some health concerns going on and the side effects of the medications are hard to handle. I really don't know how to get some help.

@hpatel04 health issues suck... 

They can be really stressful, especially when the people around you don't understand...

Same with side effects. I was on sedatives for 6 months I think, it went absolutely not well.

Do you mind if I ask what health concerns you have?

Often there are peer support groups and websites specific to certain illnesses. I think a few even have help lines or email support.

Another good resource is Kids Helpline.

They provide 24 hour phone and webchat counselling, and they can be pretty good if you need someone to talk to or help finding other services.

Hey @hpatel04 . I'm really sorry to hear how lonely you have felt recently and it really sucks having side effects to your medications. It must feel pretty awful, hey. I'm dealing with my own health issues at the moment too. I have my boyfriend who I have been able to lean on for support, but I have also been speaking to my GP, Kidshelpline, beyond blue and going to headspace groups. I wanted to tell you this because you mentioned that you don't know how to get some help. Well, coming on here is a fantastic first step and does take courage! Kudos to you! 

When I have been feeling lonely especially in relation to things going on in my life, building up a support network is super important! It won't happen all at once but it is nice to know that there are some options out there like headspace, kidshelpline and beyond blue, even if just to talk things out. 

What do you think about that? How are you feeling today?