cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Today I Learned... More Useless Trivia!

Dumbledore died?? @Glass_half_full way to ruin it
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

An Australian tried to sell New Zealand on Ebay.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Quick, @j95 and @Glass_half_full edit your posts to save the people who haven't read them! Smiley Tongue

@stonepixie I actually heard about that. I find that funny.

In Switzerland they have a Fasnacht festival with special snacks during this time that are like sugary pringles. (I just finished eating a small packet. I love them so much.)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Highlighted

Totally not even a fact that would be useful to anyone but today I learnt my dogs are terrified of thunder and are like big babies (came running into the bedroom for cuddles)

I learnt that cats are scared of cucumbers
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Naw, that is the cutest, @mimbochi.

They actually aren't scared of cucumbers @j95. Just people being jerks and scaring the poor darlings.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Australian summer is horrible.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

David Bowie didn't actually have two different coloured eyes, one of his pupils was damaged in a bar fight when he was young.

Elijah Wood made his first movie debut (albeit a minor role) as a child actor in Back to the Future Part II

The most expensive pizza can be bought in London UK for £1,400/kg (AUD 2893.03)

This is the dictionary definition for the word 'solferino', according to Merriam-Webster: 
"a moderate purplish red that is redder, darker, and slightly stronger than average rose, redder and duller than violine pink, redder and paler than magenta rose, and redder and less strong than average fuchsia rose."

It can be used as a synonym for the colour, fuschia. 

Your nose and your thumb are the same size.