cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need something to wake me up

I feel so drowsy even though I had a good 8-9 hours of sleep. I've been sleeping even more than that lately, its because I had to wake up for my appointment. I'm so physically and mentally exhausted. 

I'll be dozing off while studying and during lecture, I need to gain focus. My mind feel out of focus. Maybe its part of depression, but isn't there something I can do? My drowsy spells are really hard. If it goes on like this, I might eventually start falling asleep in random places. 

Re: I need something to wake me up

Sunshine and a piece of fruit usually perk me up if I'm feeling drowsy in the morning. Maybe you could eat breakfast outside?

If your drowsy spells are getting so intense that you feel like you want to drift off all the time, it's worth speaking to your doctor about it. It might be related to depression or medication, but it might be something else entirely.

uurrgh. It's incredibly frustrating to feel like you're going to nod off at at moment. I had exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Lucky it only lasted a few weeks but it sucks when you feel like you're going to be like that forever and wondering how your going to cope. I put mine to depression (after seeing the GP and having some blood tests done) I guess the only kind of advise i can give you is to take it easy and take baby steps by trying to stay awake for longer periods. ( It problably helps to do soming interesting ie. not studying Smiley Happy . I think i also prioritized what i wanted to do during the day and tried not to get too stressed if things didn't get done. I hope you start feeling better soon!!

I forgot to mention stay awway from the bed. Otherwise you'll just want to wrap yourself up in a nice warm cocoon.Smiley Happy

Hey @Creativegirl12

I feel for you, that must be so annoying to be tired all the time. As everyone else said it could be a number of things. I'm tired a lot of the time but sometimes having no exercise and no sunshine like Ellebelle said can make it worse.

If you are taking all the right measures to take care of yourself then I think it might be important to speak to a GP as everyone said. We dont want you sleeping on the bus or anything.

Kel is so right, stay out of your bed, the more you sleep the more you get tired

Let us know how you go Smiley Happy and don't forget to take care of yourself.

I recently had a blood test, my GP didn't mention anything about the results, so I'm assuming that its all clear. She said she would let me know if something isn't right.

I'm having adjustment for my medication, so at this point it's not certain which combination of medication is best for me. It can be a long and tiring process. I'm feeling pretty impatient too. She decided to reduce a dose of medication.

I seem to feel tired some days, the other days I'm way too energetic, so mood probably plays a big role in it.

Sometimes I seriously feel as though I can't enjoy studying as much as I can. I get so frustrated, I'm like when is this going to end? Even a good few minutes if enough to drive me crazy. I had no classes, unfortunately I only managed three hours today.

I've been feeling more tired since by outburst on the weekend, even though I'm feeling better now, its still hard.

hey @Creativegirl12 how are you going?

I think it can take a little while for your body to get back into routine after having a hard time (the weekend)

Its hard to guage when your tiredness is up and down but you're definitely right, it can depend alot on your mood

I understand what you mean about feeling restless and not being able to study or concentrate for very long

I think when that happens though its best to take a break, go outside, have a breather, drink some cold water and try not to get frustrated- it might make it worse (like when you cant sleep and you get frustrated and then you really cant sleep haha, wah I do that all the time)

Figuring out if medications and medication combos work for you is a pain but hopefully when you find the right fit it will make your life a lot easier. You are active in trying to find solutions and thats really great to see though Smiley Happy

How are your creativities going? Have you been drawing again?

I don't have problems falling to sleep if I get frustrated, I get sleepier. It has a strange effect on me. I have no idea why. Sadly my creativities die with depression, I'm trying to come up with something. Brainstorming ideas for a poem at the moment.

I discovered coffee is a bad idea, even though it would wake me up some, though I was still drowsy. It would mess up my mood, mix it up with hypomania, Was depressed with racing thoughts (angrier and more agitated) for a good couple of hours yesterday, it made me impulsive, sadly. It was only one cup of coffee, so weird.

I've been feeling more impulsive lately, more than usual.

I get this feeling of aching sadness within me.
A sense of deep loneliness. I can't do anything about it. The feeling of being alone in this world. I don't want to fight alone, but I feel as though no matter what I have to fight alone. Why do I end up crying alone? I need someone there? I need reassurance? I need people to tell me they care, and they are there for more.

Hey @Creativegirl12 ,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down and alone. I think that wanting reassurance and to know other people are there for you is a very understandable human need! Lately I've been learning about how much things like social isolation and loneliness can have a huge effect on people's health. Our bodies are literally designed to need social connection!

I have some healthy and not so healthy ways of taking care of myself when I'm feeling lonely. Sometimes it's dive under the doona with chocolate bikkies or ice cream, but comfort eating = not so healthy! Calling or texting a friend can help. Or I'll go to a cafe and make myself have a conversation with the barista or the waiter who waits on me. Even talking to the checkout person at the supermarket and thanking them and telling them I hope they have a good day can make me feel a bit better (backstory: I worked as a checkout chick for 7 years! And I hated it! So I always try to be nice to checkout staff because I want them to have a good day). Smiley Happy

Do you have any strategies or techniques you use to overcome times of loneliness? We are here for you, and listening! Hope you feel a bit better soon.

blithe