cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

I am just catching up from the discussions last night and it sounds like it has been a challenging couple of days. There's lots of big decisions you have been working through and I think your ability to reflect on these decisions here shows so much bravery and resilience. 

It is great that you could identify your chaplain may be a good person to speak to. Do you have good rapport with the one at your current school?

I'm hearing that you are a bit worried about today, and last night was a tough one with your family. Thank you for letting us know you are safe, it means a lot to us to hear this Heart Do you have anyone you can talk to today if you need to? We see that self awareness is a big strength you have Heart What helps on days like today to get through the tough times?

We will be thinking of you today!

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

Sounds like there is some really hard stuff going on for you at the moment. I'm going to catch up on this thread later today but I hope you're having an okay day today and I wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. 

Hey @Jess1-RO
Thank you. That makes me feel a little better about myself...

What is rapport?
Uh... yeah, she is a wonderful person, and she’s better than my GO.

I don’t really have a way of coping with days like these. I ended up having a meltdown again, but not so big that anyone noticed. It was only at the end of the day too. Period 4 Math is just terrible for any person. Especially when you have a substitute teacher.

I had no one to talk to either, but I’m going to see my chaplain again tomorrow, and ask to make an appointment with her next week.

Mum and I had a chat today after school, and it really helped.
The only other thing is the fact that I have realised that it will be better for me to go to the other school. Mum talked to the GO there, and I can get more support for my schoolwork and other stuff there, with or without a diagnosis. But it will mean that I have to leave my only friends at my current school. I won’t be able to see my friends outside school, or my chaplain, and most importantly, I won’t be able to support my friend in her role as junior school captain. I want to be there for her, but I can’t if I’m not there.

And it feels like I’m letting them down if I move schools, in the way I was let down by others moving schools without me.
Highlighted

Hey @MisoBear
That’s okay. You can do whatever you need to, I don’t mind when you respond anyway.

Thank you for having me in your thoughts anyway!

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

"Rapport" is a fancy term for "get along with" or "like" ... if you have built rapport with a person it usually means you have built a relationship, can communicate effectively, and feel comfortable with them.

It's nice to hear that you have noticed some benefits of going to this new school. It sounds like the idea is growing on you a little bit? Also it's awesome that speaking to your mum made you feel better. Heart

You sound worried about leaving your current friends, which makes total sense.  It is still possible to support your friend in her role as a junior chaplain from a distance Smiley Happy. I was wondering whether it's possible to contact them via phone or the internet? Or just organise to catch up with them in person?

Hey @Maddy-RO
Thank you for the clarification.

The idea isn’t exactly growing on me, but I now realise that it will be much better for me. I can get the support I need, for schoolwork, emotional/mental health, and they are willing to help me in any way possible, for me to go to their school.

And I also know that my parents probably won’t give me a choice after the end of the year anyway.

For me, my mental and emotional health is more important. My heart says that I need to focus on that, rather than my education. I mean, I agree that the education possibilities there is off the scale, and that I can and will get what I need, but one thing.

My friends. My chaplain. I need those 2 things to be able to cope with anything.

Yeah, I guess it does.
I could possibly do those things, but I need to be able to support her at school. It’s not the same if I phone her or anything. She doesn’t have social media, and I’m not allowed on my phone at the other school. Not even during break times.

I guess I just have to deal with whatever happens when it comes. I’ve already told so many people that I have a very very high chance of moving. And I hate to break their hearts that way. But the matter is not really in my hands anymore. Smiley Sad

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ,

Sounds like there are some positive things (e.g., getting the support you need) and some tough things (e.g., being there for your friend).  It's really mature of you to see that although it will be hard, it may be better for you.  We are here to support you during these period Heart

Thank you @TOM-RO.