cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: overwhelmed

i try to practice quite often. i bought a piano recently and it’s basically my baby. i love it so much to the point it’s almost ridiculous. 

yeah i’m considering going back. but i’m not too sure. the lady is really nice and i quite like her. i honestly just find the meetings very awkward 

Highlighted

and it’s a shame about the violin. i honestly think everyone should try keep up an instrument. it’s very good for cognitive and mental health. but i can’t understand why you stopped playing 

@megb you're most definitely right about the cognitive benefits of music! Smiley Happy Would that be something you could use to help with motivation/as a reward for doing things that take a lot of energy? As in, if I take a shower then I can play my favourite song on the piano etc. It might sound a bit overly simplistic, but scheduling semi-enjoyable activities and the anticipation of being able to do them helps me with my depression. It ties into a concept called behavioural activation which has been shown to be pretty effective