cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

Hello @Taylor-RO Heart
honestly im not sure what wouldve made the session more helpful. i havent been feeling therapy has been that helpful for a while now. what i feel comfortable talking about limits me so i know its my fault its not getting very far. i guess part of me just wants to shut down and ignore it all and just move on from it even though i know that may not be the best option. Therapy unfortunatly to start with made things alot worse for me when i first started on my mh journey so perhaps that is part of the reason im not as open to therapy as other people may be.
it is really hard though, as i feel i need support however sometimes when the support isnt helpful (and often im not that sure what that looks like so it makes it trickier) it makes me feel alot worse and i start to loose hope and faith.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

that sounds really tough too @WheresMySquishy Heart
my pop enjoys visitors but the trouble is he doesnt get very many and when he does he forgets theyve been so then it starts the cycle of 'i never get visitors' etc thankfully he isnt paranoid or anything he just forgets alot so it makes me weary about leaving him. hope you get the help and support you need to and your family gets on board as well.

i havent heard of enable nsw so ill definently take a look, thank you!

Hello @scared01 that sucks to hear that therapy hasn't been helpful for you for a while now Smiley Sad. May I ask what therapy are you currently taking? There are so many different kinds of therapies and so if you find that one kind may not be helpful, there's a chance another different therapy might be more helpful instead. Does that make sense? Do you have any other supports/treatments at the moment? Sending hugs of support <3

hey @Esperanza67
i am currently doing cbt with exposure therapy incorportated into it. i have done alot of this sort of work and another sort but i cant remember what it was called. also done some dbt on my own as well.
i think honestly atm i dont know about therapy. im sort of wondering if ive just reached a point where ive had enough of it. and then another possibility is maybe she isnt the right therapist.
ive been seeing her for basically a year now and i still dont feel all that comfortable with her, i mean shouldnt a year be long enough to be pretty comfortable in sharing details with them? i m still not i go there and all i cna think about is 'is the session over yet, i want to leave' and its not jsut one or 2 sessions its been bassically since i started therapy.

Highlighted

Hey there @scared01 

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been taking much from therapy. It sounds like you've tried to give it good shot, having been doing it for a year. I think it's important to say that you're not alone in finding having to talk about mental health a challenge. It's quite normal to want to put it to the side, so with that said good on you for trying therapy. It isn't easy to sit in a room with someone you don't know and tell them your innermost fears. Are there some other ways you can express yourself when talking about it isn't helping? 

thakn you @Bre-RO
ive been working hard on it, i just dont seem to be getting anywhere Smiley Sad
i just started a thread called 'therapy issues' which will explain some more.
At the moment as unhelpful as it sounds shutting down and 'ignoring it' seems to be the most helpful thing atm. like putting it on the backburner and focussing on what i need to do each day.

Hey @scared01, thanks for starting the new thread called "therapy issues" Smiley Happy. I've already posted a reply on it. Hopefully, the new thread will be able to flesh out things a bit more and give the right support you need Smiley Very Happy. Sending hugs as always <3

thank you @Esperanza67 Heart

yesterday when i went to to the drs, i was given some unpexpected news. one of my tests showed i have a rare infection. she has heard of it but in the 10 years of being a gp she has never treated anyone with what i have. we had to call some of the senior drs in for a meeting in the room to discuss what my options are. i am lucky to have caught it early as most of these cases require immediate hospitalisation for treatment.
i have 2 options before i would have to fo to hospital. im on option 1 at the moment and then i start option 2 in a few days and then the end of next week i repeat the tests to see if there is an improvement or if it has been treated.

Hey @scared01, sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with a rare infection Smiley Sad. You're right: that is scary and unexpected news. However, it's great that they've managed to identify early - makes recovery a lot easier, don't you think? How are coping with this new diagnosis at the moment? As always, sending hugs - I hope you'll get better soon!