cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

um honestly im not sure @Tiny_leaf it was abit embarrassing as I found it hard to understand with his accent. I had to keep asking him to repeat himself or had to clarify that was what he said. I was also quite shocked when it seemed to be about the money as well and how much he was going to charge me and needing the medicare details so he can get paid. (I understand that but didn't have to be rude about it sort of thing) when we were talking about the medication cost he asked if I was aboriginal or tores straight islander and I said no and he surprised me by being quite racial by saying 'oh well youll have to pay full price, if you were one of those you wouldn't have to' im wondering what he may have said I did say I was one of those nationalities.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 yeah that's a bit weird... 

It might be part of a push to decrease mental health issues in aboriginal people and Tores Straight islanders?

I know that the government has been talking about trying to address that, maybe reducing the cost of services is one way they're trying to do that.

That still seems like an odd way to approach the question though.. 

Do you think it might be worth looking for a different psychiatrist (I know that's not always an option though...) or is it worth continuing to see him? 

he does seem really quite odd @Tiny_leaf I haven't heard anyone be upfront and address differences between nationalities before or not so much in the way he said it.
I cant get another psychiatrist within my budget unfortunately. its him, my old one or none at all. I tried to get the none at all option by my gp kept pushing my to go see someone.

@scared01 damn... I've had those options before, they aren't fun...

I really wish mental health care was more accessible... Smiley Frustrated

thanks @Tiny_leaf I guess it was just a tough session

Hey @scared01 

Sorry to hear you had a bit of an uncomfortable session with your psychiatrist. Accessing mental health support can be really clumsy and awkward at times. Good on you for getting through it either way Heart 

Hi ! @scared01 it definitely sounds tough, i agree with @Tiny_leaf it's disappointing to hear support services are not more accessible or affordable Smiley Sad

thanks @Bre-RO @reach804 supports can be hard sometimes
Highlighted

@scared01 hey i'm just checking in with you to see how the last week has been for you - how have you been feeling?

not really that great @reach804 life is really hard.