cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Looking after mental health is an everyday commitment - but it's worth it.

Thats such a good idea! There is a really awesome jazz one here I love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_ejQQcrwI
Highlighted

Hey Suzie29

What great resources! I'm glad you can find support there! I agree - talking with people who actually 'get you' feels very comforting.

Highlighted

Hi @Abderian, great thread idea! And for me personally, walking outside, exercising and talking to other people helps me with my mental health Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Great idea for a thread! Indeed it is an everyday commitment, however I personally have found that once I have learnt what works for me, the amount of everyday effort required to implement it becomes less with practice! In that way it's somewhat like cooking or other chores that can sometimes feel burdensome, but can also be meaningful. For me, everyday mental health means taking some time to have a coffee and lay in bed a bit in the morning and not forcing myself to get up and do work, but savouring those relaxing moments first. 

Highlighted

Love this thread! Something that I find helps keep me and my mental health on track is focusing on spending less time aimlessly scrolling on my phone. When I am bored or procrastinating sometimes I can spend waaay too much time just sitting on my phone, and I always feel awful after. So by making a conscious effort to engage in other activities instead when I'm bored (like journalling, reading or exercising) I can reduce those feelings of guilt and swap them for feelings of accomplishment! 

Highlighted

That sounds like a really good idea @marlee! I also feel like I probably spend a bit too much time aimlessly looking at my phone at times, so actively stopping myself from going on my phone might do me some wonders Heart Thanks for the tip!