cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT]: Friendships

Sup everyone! 

Haha great gifs @SmileMonkey getting in early with the Friends reference! 

howudoin.gif

Now time to start with the first question of the night.

Do people stay in contact when they finish high school? How often?

Hey Elmo i mean @roseisnotaplant!

I'd like to think that I'd keep in contact with people after high school. It's really scary to think that I'd never talk to the people I've been with for 6 years after we graduate. It's even more scary since graduation is just around the corner

I had a few friends I was close with straight after high school. But now that I am in my 20's it is much more rare. I see some occasionally, but it really depends.

Haha hey @Ben-RO Smiley Tongue

Do people stay in contact when they finish high school?

Well, I haven't finished high school, so...

I think generally people keep a few really close high school friends and then make new friends at uni or a job or other places. A lot of times it's difficult to stay in contact because you might live in different places and stuff.

It definitely varies a lot from person to person, friendship to friendship! In my experience finishing school changes a lot of things - sometimes you can become closer with people you weren't very close with and visa versa Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@SmileMonkey do you still keep in touch you're closest friend from high school? It's just that I'm scared me and my best friend will drift apart after graduation this September Smiley Sad

Honestly, no. The people I was closest with in high school are all married and have kids. But, we also had a complicated friendship too. I was in one of those friend groups where I was overly honest and then one girl would get turn the rest against me. But, there are a few people who were more casual friends who I am closer with now.

I live with two of my best friends from High School and hang out with them all the time. Although i have noooo idea what the rest of the many people in the many High School's i went to are doing. So i guess it really does depend. I think if you work at it, it's totally possible to keep in touch. Although sadly life and lifestyles do change and sometimes it can be tricky to stay in touch