cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LIVE GR]: Bucket lists and experiences!

The events of this year have given a lot of us time to reflect on our lives, and what we hope to achieve after coronavirus lockdowns end.

Whether you're keen for beach trips or book clubs, join us tomorrow night (Wednesday 12th August) at 7:30pm AEST to discuss:

What's on your bucket list?

Re: [LIVE GR]: Bucket lists and experiences!

Keen for this one, so relevant! It's so important to have things to look forward to, especially now. Heart

Highlighted

Hey guys!
We'll be kicking off this chat soon Smiley Very Happy 

Happy So Excited GIF

@Hozzles @lemurien @Saltwaterdreamtime @Tiny_leaf @Lost_Space_Explorer5 @indieinsanus @SDalbum feel free to join in! Smiley Very Happy Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Welcome to tonight's GR everyone! We'll be chatting about our bucket lists and things we've done! Smiley Happy

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Here's our first question:
Do you have a bucket list? Why/why not?

giphy

Highlighted

I've never liked the idea of making a bucket list for some reason. I don't like setting long-term goals because things change all the time. I also like to live more in the moment rather than planning ahead. But I do have a 'Things I'd Like To Try' list with both big and small things on it. I look at it when I'm bored and want to find something to do.

Highlighted

I actually don't either! Mainly because I'm not really sure what most of my long-term goals are and what I want to do with myself lmao

There's lots of books I wanna read though, so I've kind of got a book-bucket list Smiley LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Do you have a bucketlist? Why or why not?

I don't have a set list of things I want to do, because the things I want to do change overtime. I do have some general things I want to do in my lifetime. But its not really a list. I think bucketlists are cool, I made one for this year, but as you can see that didn't go to plan. But I don't take them seriously, because personally I don't like feeling like I have to do something to feel accomplished in a way? if that makes sense?

So in short, not really.

Highlighted

I have a lot of books I still haven't got around to reading either. I swear I've been trying to read the Count of Monte Cristo for years. I'm still only up to around chapter 37 or 38 out of 117 and this is with an audiobook version. Smiley LOL It's weird because I like the story, it's just so long.
I also have a list of books I want to read and another list with the chapters I'm up to.

Highlighted

haha, I too have a book-list.

Highlighted

I agree with everyone, I've never had a physical list of any kind, just a bunch of things I'd like to do eventually. I know ideas change all the time and I'm open to that. I feel like if I wrote a list I'll get anxiety from it and constantly check my progress, which isn't the point of a bucket list at all!