cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Live GR: Discrimination, 18th of May, 7:30 pm AEST

Hey everyone!

This Monday we're going to be having another live discussion, this time to do with Discrimination.

Discrimination can take place in many forms, and is present pretty much everywhere. It affects everything from someone's day to day life to the kinds of policies we see in government. This has profound effects on people's welfare and mental health, and this is definitely something to remember with all of the news and information circulating right now!

Mental Health Love GIF by INTO ACT!ON

Because discrimination is so pervasive, sometimes we might not notice it in circumstances that don't affect us, or we may even take part without realising it. Which is one of many reasons why it's so important to discuss and keep discussing topics like sexism, racism, ableism, and other forms of prejudice- as well as how we can tackle them as a society! 

Beyond this, this Getting Real chat is a safe space to discuss discrimination and how it has affected you and your loved ones, as well as how to cope with it and who to reach out to for support- whether personal or professional! 

Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

We'll be kicking off the discussion at 7:30 pm AEST on Monday the 18th of May, and hope to see you all there! Smiley Very Happy Heart 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Re: Live GR: Discrimination, 18th of May, 7:30 pm AEST

Yay! Can't wait to contribute and read responses as soon as I can- a very important and interesting topic indeed!

Highlighted

Can't wait for this one! Such an important discussion to have Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

Cool! I might make it, I can’t usually get to these but we’ll see, busy
time!
Highlighted

Omg, this looks like such a good topic. Lot's to talk about! I'll be there if I can Smiley Very Happy

Also, @Hozzles I just realised that your profile picture is Celeste from Animal Crossing! I love Animal Crossing, you playing the new game?

Highlighted

Yay! Smiley Very Happy

@ApplesRoses - it is! And I am, we have a thread about it hereSmiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Hi all! I’ll be in and out but looking forward to being a part
Highlighted

Hi everyone! We've just been having some technical problems but hopefully we'll be starting shortly Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey everyone, let's get this started! Heart

Welcome to tonight's GR, were we are chatting about discrimination -- what it is, how it has affected you or someone you love, how to cope with it, and how to get support! Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and valuable insights!

FUzf

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!