cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dont know what to do with myself

thanks @mspaceK

um well im worried about how im going to afford it. its a 200$ gap fee but i have to pay the full amount which is almost 500 but get rebated back except the 200. . god only knows why. i cant see her till july anyway. thats the first avaliable appointment that shes got. i was hoping to be off medications but i dont think thats going to be allowed
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Oh damn - the money side of psych appointments is a real bummer Smiley Sad @scared01  I'm experiencing a similar problem with my appointments too, I have to pay $100 at the end of my session and then I get a rebate and get money back thankfully.

I know it is a bit of a wait before you can see her and the money factor sounds quite stressful - but these are really positive steps you are taking. Good job. 

Who do you need to talk to to find out about your medications? And - i'm sorry if it has been said before because I have forgotten - but is there anybody else you are seeing or is supporting you in the mean time while you wait? I really want you to be supported <3 

thanks @mspaceK

sorry i wasnt clear the psychiatrist is the one im seeing for my medications and is the one thats charging a kiddney to be able to see.
im through headspace atm for my psychologist so its free for the 10 sessions.
ive got my gp and my nurse as well who all agree they dont want me off the medications even though im struggling with them so im not that stable on them anyway.

oops, my bad @scared01 . 

Okay - I think I understand now. 

I'm not an expert when it comes to medications so I would probably trust what my GP and nurse are saying - but in your case, have you been able to speak to your GP and nurse about how you feel being on your medications? I know that stopping medications can also have a bad effect especially if you have been on them for a while so i kinda understand if that's why they don't want you going off them. It sounds really hard to deal with though Smiley Sad I'm sorry. 

Yikes - that's a lot of money for one person to decide ultimately if you should be on them or not and it seriously sucks that you have to wait until July about it. Perhaps giving it a little bit more time to see how things progress could be a good thing? I'm sorry - I feel like I am not much help in this regard. Smiley Sad 

no your being helpful @mspaceK thank you

ive had a pretty good chat with both my nurse and my gp but i think i might have another one with them at my next appointment. they know i become even more unstable when im off my medications but my current ones arent working that well, thats why shes sending me for a second opinion and doesnt want me off them just yet until we find out what the psychiatrist thinks

@scared01 Well that does actually sound like a pretty good plan then. Smiley Happy 

How are you feeling tonight by the way? What have you been up to? 

im abit of edge tongiht because ive had nightmares all last night leaving only an hr to sleep this morning. the outcome of that has been flashbacks and hearing/seeing things that arent really there (but seem real at the time) so has been a long and tiring day. hoping to go to bed soon as im struggling to stay away @mspaceK
so if i stop repsonding thats probably where ive gone!
Highlighted

That's really tough @scared01 . I hope you are able to get some better sleep tonight without the nightmares Smiley Sad I know from personal experience how scary and exhausting they can make you feel. Especially the hallucinations Smiley Sad that's okay if you disappear. i'll know. I'm hoping to get some good sleep tonight too. I've been going to bed ridiculously late recently in order to tire myself out but it hasn't been helpful. I've just been tired and miserable all day and irritated cause of lack of sleep. I get nightmares as well and sometimes wake up seeing things Smiley Sad i hate it. One thing I try and focus on is my breathing and then a distracting activity like reading or a logic puzzle or colouring in. Do you have any coping strategies in those really hard moments? 

thats the same for me to @mspaceK
i tend to put some music on through my earphones so its not as quiet (but doesnt disturb anyone) and then i play a game on my phone for a while till i feel abit better. i get really bad heart palpatations and have asthma so it can be pretty scary when i get into that much of a panic i cant breathe and my heart goes funny.
im a night owl so im always in bed late ive been up for almsot 48hrs (if you dont include the one hrs sleep) so im not surprised im struggling to be awake despite the fear.
i really hate the nightmares esp with the hallucinations! im sorry you experience them too. bloody awful things

Those sound like good strategies @scared01 . I don't have asthma but I also get a racing heart and struggle to breathe. It's terrifying. Smiley Sad I do plan on going to bed very soon. I might read my book for a bit and then drift off hopefully. 

Have you got much on this weekend?