Did you mean: 

Re: overwhelmed

A bit better @scared01 Smiley Happy

good im glad @roseisnotaplant 

what did you get up to tomorrow?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Just chilled out between appointments today, might try getting to school for a bit tomorrow but idk. The prelims in the evening though, and I'm stoked for that Smiley Tongue

That's awesome @roseisnotaplant, do you have much planned for the school holidays?Smiley Happy

@roseisnotaplant Sorry I didn't get back to you. An unexpected flare hit. I'm glad you're able to take a break from appointments. What does maintaining functionality mean to you? For me, it's about doing what's important to me and letting people help me by being honest about how I'm feeling and accepting that even though I might feel bad now, I won't feel like this forever. its hard when you've got symptoms managed to a certain point and things change and get more intense. It can feel like a step backwards and requires a readjustment of routines and expectations. Do what you can and respect your limits. If you are like me, you'll want to do everything on your good days only to land in bed for a few days in order to recover. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes not. 

@honky we're going away in the second week but apart from that I think I'll just be chilling, which I definitely need Smiley Tongue

@Shadow I'm also guilty of doing everything on my good days and then needing a few days of just lying in bed to recover. I'm working on finding the balance atm but it's hard.

(Also I'm no longer stoked about the prelims. I am very un-stoked about the prelims. How dare you Adelaide Smiley Tongue)

@roseisnotaplant Finding balance is hard. It's not just about physical limitations at any point in time, but about our own expectations and those of the people around us. The difficult part is when they conflict because others think we should be pushing ourselves in order to build up stamina, but we need to maintain for a bit before we try increasing our level of activity. Think about the times of day you feel at your best and try to do things during those times. When planning tasks, take your activity level into consideration and try not to be too hard on yourself if you can't accomplish everything on the list. Energy levels fluctuate daily and even hourly, so breaking tasks down into 5 or 10 minute blocks can help. That goes for cognitive tasks too. I find they steal most of my energy!

Switching between mental and physical tasks can help preserve energy too. If I've been working on an essay, I might switch to watering the plants, doing a load of washing or doing meal prep.

and when I get tired of that, i'll switch back. Sometimes symptoms are bad and you'll land in bed, but you'll feel better if you go with it because you won't feel so horrible the next day. Things mayneed adjusting as your symptoms fluctuate, but when you find ways to work with them, things get easier and you aren't so overwhelmed by changes. 

It take time, effort and patience to figure out how to manage the fluctuations, but take one day at a time and you'll get there. 

I'm alwsys here if you need to bounce ideas around too.

how are you going today @roseisnotaplant

hello to everyone else here too

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks @Shadow, I really appreciate it Smiley Happy

I'm okay so far @scared01 Smiley Happy Think I might do some gardening.