cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

Thinking of you @scared01 and sending you the best of luck with the loan Heart

Well done for being so proactive, especially with that list. It sounds like a great way to keep on top of things. 

I believe in you! Heart

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

hi @reach804 and @letitgo and thanks for the kind words.
im trying to get as much done as I possibly can. im embarrassed at the state of my house so I really want to focus on that for the next few days while im waiting on workmen to do repairs and things. its abit hard cause the appointments are so spread out as well so I cant really do much list checking till those are done too.
im taking some time here and there for myself. mostly just watching some movies or chatting on here.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01 

I agree with everyone - it's awesome that you're taking such a proactive approach with all of this. Creating the list was an awesome idea, and even though lists can sometimes be overwhelming, they can also make you feel prepared and on top of everything, which is a great feeling. 

It's awesome that you are taking some time out for yourself as well. You are doing all the right things Heart. What self-care might you do for yourself today?

hi @Maddy-RO
I guess part of the overwhelm and being frantic and overly prepared for things is because this will be my first surgery. not only is it my first surgery its also the longest time I will have been away from the person I care for and even with supports I worry how he will be, I am also 2 hours away from home, in a city I don't know, in a hospital im unfamiliar with. everything is way out of my comfort zone. the things with family are tricky. weve worked out the boundaries as in they wont be far away if I need them but they aren't going to pester me they will let me msg them if I need something and just msg every now and then if they haven't heard from me in more then an hour or so. I have to go to the preoperation appointments on my own so im feeling quite overwhelmed with it all.
ive been at work all day. both of them actually so ive only just finished and got home from about 7 oclock this morning. ive just put an easy dinner on, made myself a cup of tea and put on a movie to watch. I think that's a good start, ill have a shower abit later too
Highlighted

Hey @scared01 Smiley Happy

It sounds prettry scary to be having a surgery so far away from home and the people you love Smiley Sad 

Wow, I think it's great you've already sorted out the boundaries. You seem very prepared. Dinner and a movie sounds awesome! What's the dinner and movie?

it is so far away @JanaG im glad family is coming but are keeping boundaries too. I told them to go and enjoy the time away even if im not out and about it shouldn't stop them from experiencing the area.they will be at the same hotel but in another room to me as ive decided to stay a night or 2 once im discharged.
I just made a one pot stew and im watching the pitch perfect series. im watching part 2 now.

That's great @scared01 Smiley Very Happy Stew and pitch perfect sounds amazing. I am watching the old Charmed series at the moment.

oh wow that's an old tv series @JanaG I have watched a few eps but didn't really catch onto it.

Yes it is! Yeah, fair enough Smiley Happy Hope you're enjoying your evening!

its going ok @JanaG just put big fat liar on and having another cup of tea. think ill go for a shower afterwards. feeling pretty sticky after being at work all day