cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books!

When Breath Becomes Air- Paul Kananithi

Oooh, I don't think I've heard of When Breath Becomes Air, @Shadow! Will check it out!

Just wanted to jump in here to announce that I found Burial Rites by Hannah Kent at K-Mart for $9 today. It made my day, haha! 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@Shadow I have heard good things about that book Smiley Happy

If anyone loves animals (particularly wolves/kinships with dogs) this was a great read on the meaning of life through the companionship of a wolf.

@May_ Animal farm was the first of his I read, it's quite short and easy and is probably what first got me very into such books, so absolutely get onto that!
A Clergyman's Daughter I feel would also be a pretty interesting one to read. Or if you wanted to continue more on the political side his more autobiographical works may suit you better.

Thanks for the recomendation @Bree-RO!

I've been scrolling through Brotherhood Books lately. A cheap, online, second-hand book store which I'd recommend to all book lovers! 

Highlighted

Really looking forward to having the time to read lots when my uni semester is over (as of tomorrow evening! Eee!)! I'll have to peruse this thread for ideas.

I liked 'Tuesdays with Morrie' by Mitch Albom. It's a relatively short book and easy to read. After I finished the book, I sort of lingered on it and was sad that there was no more of it to read - highly recommended!

This might be a controversial opinion among fellow psych nerds, but I'm in the middle of reading Love's Executioner by Irving Yalom and... I'm not sure how I feel about it? Like obviously his incite into the process of therapy is amazing, but I'm not too keen on the way he tends to talk about women :/

@Chessca_H Considering myself a psych nerd, I'm very disappointed that I haven't heard of Love's Executioner! Going to get onto that asap.

Has anyone read Kate Grenville's The Leuitenant? One of my tutoring students is studying it next year, so any insights would be much appreciated!

I've just started reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and I'm liking it so far.  

@cupcakes_032I loooooove Tuesdays With Morrie, and Mitch Albom's work in general. Have you read any of his other books?