cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Books!

I finally started rereading a book! I chose the Ahsoka novel, it's Star Wars written by E.K. Johnston and it is amazing! I'm so exciting to be rereading it, Ahsoka is one of my favourite (if not my all-time fave) Star Wars character!
Highlighted

I'm currently reading :Tomorrow, when the war began. By John Marsten. It's amazing! I'm also currently reading Harry Potter and the Order Of The Pheonix. I'm such a Ravenclaw at times, reading more than 1 book even though I'm a Gryffindor and proud! 35% Gryffindor, 27% Slytherin 24%Ravenclaw and some other percent for Hufflepuff. Hehe!
Highlighted

Hey @Animallover2003 ,

I've just read great reviews regarding 'Tomorrow, when the war began' so thanks for the tip Smiley Happy.

I'm reading 'Across the Nightingale Floor' which is a trilogy following a Japanese samurai; it's excellent Heart

Highlighted

I've just finished two David Attenborough autobiographies: Adventures of a Young Naturalist, and Journeys to the Other Side of the World. The latter has an entire section devoted to his early travels in the Northern Territory which is really cool!

Over the past few nights I've re-read Chitty Chitty Bang Bang before bed. It was still just as magical as when I first read it as a kid! Smiley Very Happy Heart

I read 'Budgerigar' by Sarah Harris and Don Baker. Such a beautiful book full of anecdotes, pop culture references and history about one of my favourite little birds 🐤. Now I'm reading the feel-good Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village by Joanna Nell.

(Can you tell I like reading aaaaaall the books? Smiley Tongue)

@Ronan-RO  the tomorrow when the war began series is great, one of my favourites when I was a teenager, and I'm about to start re-reading them now myself. Keen to hear what you think! 

@lokifish  I have heard great things about Budgerigar, I will have to check it out. Sounds really lovey! 

I just finished Grown Ups by Marian Keyes, one of her best in ages. Really loved it!  Other recent reads I loved were Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow (FULL ON, but seriously hard to put down, about his investigations and the #MeToo movement so definitely not one for everyone), Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales, Good Girl Bad Girl by Michael Robotham, Fake by Stephanie wood.

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@Animallover2003 Tomorrow When the War Began is phenomenal. I had to read it in English class in high school, and I loved it, and I'm not hugely into reading either. You know it's a good read when even after over-analysing it and writing essays on it, you still enjoyed the experience Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey everyone. The latest book I read was 'Call me by your name' by Andre Aciman; I loved it with my whole heart. I don't think I really want to read the next one, as the first one encapsulated a world that I'm not sure can be recaptured. I have heard the second one is a little disappointing and kind of shatters the reverie of the first one. I am desperately looking for a stand alone book, preferably similar to 'Call me by your name', something that explores moments and times in life. I am not really looking for action and dystopia and intensity right now, something a little peaceful or emotional, realism, just a glance into someones life. Any suggestions?

Highlighted

@TidalDecade @Animallover2003 have either of you read the sequels? There are so many! But I really enjoyed them back in high school. There's also a follow up series called The Ellie Chronicles which follows her life after the war Smiley Happy