cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Journal, Diary and Planner Lovers!

@WheresMySquishy @November13 that seems like a great idea to write down mental health tips in your journal! 

Lately I have started a '100 Days of Journalling Prompts' challenge which I'm really enjoying. Sometimes I find it difficult to pick up my journal and start (even though I know how much it clears my head) so I am loving holding myself accountable to journalling everyday even if its only a paragraph, and I like having a particular topic to write about so that I am not just writing aimlessly (though that can be helpful at times too!) 

Highlighted

Wow that's a cool idea @marlee! Writing just a little everyday instead of expecting a full page is definitely a great help. Sometimes when I'm feeling extra lazy, I'll even do bullet points. Still helps get things off my mind without the extra efforts!

Highlighted

That's so cool @marlee! I have a 'A Sentence a Day' journal but I haven't looked at it or used it in years. There are also journals you can get that have 365 numbered pages so you can write a prompt or entry for each day of the year.
I don't think I could commit to doing a prompt a day. I tried doing something like that a few months ago but it was hard for me to think of prompts and I missed a few days. I usually like writing out lists like my favourite creatures, what I would like to have in my dream home, my strengths, what makes me smile, etc. I also have an app called tinythoughts that gives me daily prompts.

Highlighted

I love those examples of things you write @WheresMySquishy , I want to write a few of those myself! And I totally relate to what you said about it being hard to sit down and journal even though you know it helps @marlee , I'm like that with a lot of things! I make sure to give myself a bit of gratitude each time I do something that's good for myself, for getting past that little mental barrier Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I wanted to share this page that I made and put up for my housemates to also use, I'm pretty proud of how it looks Smiley Very Happy

My handwriting's not the most consistent thing at the moment, I'm trying to change how I write! Has anyone else tried modifying their handwriting?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I love this idea of writing out lists to random things! I think sometimes I think I can only journal when I'm upset or stressed about something but in reality I get a lotto joy journalling in general so why not translate it to other topics to try to organise my thoughts in a way! This is great, I can't wait to try!

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy Oh that sounds so cool! I think I have seen something like that at kikki-k, where you can write a sentence a day for a few years so that you can look back at how your answers change over the years! I agree, every day can be a struggle, I'm trying to just go with the flow with my 100 days and if it ends up taking me 150 to get through all the prompts thats okay! Lists are a really good idea as well, that would be really nice to read back through all of those positive things and is probably easier to navigate compared to long journal entries. 

Highlighted

@marlee  I love kikki.k! I get a lot of my products from there because I find that the quality is better than some other shops and they have products that other shops don't have. I was really sad when they went into administration but I've heard that they've been acquired by another planner company now.
I really hope you can get through your challenge! Smiley Happy It will be amazing to look back on it in a few years.

Highlighted

Hi all! Does anyone have multiple planners for different purposes? For example, a home planner, a study planner, a personal planner, a family planner, a project planner, a chronic illness planner, etc.
I ordered a lovely ring-bound planner that was on clearance the other day, but I'm already using two others. Any ideas about what I could use this new one for? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I most definitely relate to this! I have so many notebooks/journals for different purposes – a daily journal I write in, a to-do list notebook, a random thoughts notebook it goes on and on! If this planner has a page for everyday you could do a 10 minutes of non-stop writing every morning, get all your thoughts out on a page and start your day fresh I love doing this it makes me feel as though I've cleaned the room in my mind and can be open to the day, I think it's called morning pages or you could plan fun activities to do when you're on holidays and research different activities to do where you live things you haven't tried before and new places to explore!