cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Feeling off

@sunnygirl606 Mmmm I see. We probably can't get into the details about medications over the forums due to the guidelines, but all I can say is I hear you, and I can imagine how frightened you're feeling. I always think the worst even when I start to feel even a little bit of pain! Hopefully your rheumatologist will have a solution for you when you see him/her. Heart Smiley Sad Also, try to look after yourself as much as possible. You mentioned struggling to finish school work. Please don't be scared to ask for special consideration if you need it. And allow yourself to feel "a little bit off" for a while, until you feel a bit better to pick yourself up again. It's not easy dealing with a chronic health condition, but you can get through it, and you're getting all the right support which is a great step.

Highlighted

It gets discouraging whenever I go to the rheumatology clinic because fo some reason it is a different doctor every time, I have to tell my story all again and sometimes the doctor doesn't believe my pain because I'm so young and they just think its because of my muscles so they send me to physio and don't do anything else. I've done physio for 7 years and it hasn't made my pain lessen at all.

Thank you so much for your support Heart

Highlighted

That's really difficult @sunnygirl606, and I can understand why that would be so incredibly frustrating for you, I know that my mum has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was a teenager, and I know that there is a stigma for young people who have conditions more common in older people. Is there any chance that you could organise a consistent doctor to see? 

Highlighted

Hi @Andrea-RO 

The only way i know how to do that is to go private but i can't afford that Smiley Sad

And yeah, the stigma around it is horrible, a lot of people at work or uni didnt understand and some even thought i was lying about it

Highlighted

Hey @sunnygirl606, I'm sorry you're going through this at the moment Smiley Sad Pain makes everything so much harder and it can be so difficult interacting with the healthcare system on top of that. It really sucks they thought you were making it up, I've had similar experiences in the past and it can really make you question yourself sometimes Smiley Sad But what you're experiencing is real and valid and other people aren't you so they don't have authority on the matter. I feel you with having no motivation for uni, it must really suck to have so much going on that's out of your control. You are so strong to be pushing through all of this, I think you should give yourself that! Don't be too hard on yourself, a day at a time hey? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@sunnygirl606  I don't have much to add, but I'm sad to hear that you're feeling so down and irritable. Smiley Sad It's understandable that you would get easily annoyed with people considering how much pain you're in.
I hope your rheumatologist can suggest things that can help with your jaw and arthritis. It's frustrating that you haven't been getting anywhere with your GP and you haven't been able to get face-to-face sessions with a psychologist. It sounds like the transition into the adult ward is pretty tough too. It's disappointing that your doctors haven't taken you seriously in the past. I agree with the stigma about age too. I had a similar experience this year and I eventually just went to emergency, where they believed me straightaway. I really hope that you can find a doctor who can see how much of an impact this is having on your life and give you some hope. Heart

Highlighted

i just got told my grandpa has roughly one week to live and because he lives in adelaide, i cant see him because boarders are closed. I feel really down and alone at the moment

Highlighted

@sunnygirl606  I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your grandpa. Saying goodbye to loved ones is hard enough, being able to be able to be there with him because of border restrictions sounds incredibly painful Smiley Sad Do you have any other family around you at the moment? I know it's not the same, but do you think organising a Skype or Facetime with your grandpa/family in Adelaide would help you feel less alone at the moment? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

I live with my grandparents on my dad's side of them family but i'm not with any of my mum side of the family (thats the grandpa thats unwell) and i do have support from them, but i want to be able to be with my brothers and sisters Smiley Sad

I'm planning on giving him a call sometime soon but its hard knowing if he is home or not, 

Highlighted

Gosh that is so hard @sunnygirl606 , it must be awful not being able to be with your family at such a difficult time. I hope you're able to speak to your grandpa soon - I don't know if this appeals to you, but another option could be writing him a short card/letter telling him what he means to you? Thinking of you and sending lots of virtual well wishes your way. 

Thinking Of You GIFs | Tenor

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here