cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Feeling off

Hey everyone,

Lately, I've been feeling just off and I have no idea why. I get sad super easy and I've lost motivation for university even though we are so close to being done for the year. I've been getting super annoyed at my friends for no reason (i don't tell them this though, I just talk to them as normal because I'd feel too bad if I said something or if I just ignore them).

I think it might be because my jaw has been in a lot of pain, and I cant see my rheumatologist until the end of October and it is difficult to eat and talk because of the pain. I had depression badly when I was younger but I haven't been feeling depressed for a couple of years now so I don't know if it is just normal sadness or if it is becoming a problem again.

I just feel lost, sad, and off and not myself. I find it hard to motivate myself to do something, even if it is something little like making a cup of tea or having a shower.

I just don't know what to do. I've been to my GP 4 times in the last two weeks and nothing they've done has worked. I want to see a psychologist again just to have someone to talk to but i really don't want to have sessions online with them, i want one face-to-face but COVID is making that difficult Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Re: Feeling off

hey @sunnygirl606 

im sorry your in such pain. pain can definently have an effect on us for sure. as someone who also suffers chronic pain including jaw pain it can really dampen things esp when we are struggling to eat drink or sleep. 

im sorry your gp hasnt been helpful. do you think you could try another gp?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

I've been to two separate GPs and they both said the same thing and most other GPs either arent taking on new patients or wont see you in person Smiley Sad

Highlighted

oh thats hard @sunnygirl606
can i ask what the gp has suggested?
Highlighted

It is too personal to say on here, gives away a lot of personal information im not comfortable sharing im sorry

Highlighted

thats ok @sunnygirl606 no problems
Highlighted

Hey @sunnygirl606 

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear things are a bit off for you Smiley Sad.

Ah - pain is the WORST. I have been there. It's all under control now, but until it was it was pretty distressing, so I hear you. I'm really glad you're seeing a rheumatologist in October. October must feel like a world away when you're in pain, but we're already reaching the end of September. It'll come around quick. Hang in there Heart. And remember, it is okay to be feeling a little bit down - lots of people feel that way when they're in pain. If your situation is anything like mine, seeing a GP won't really do anything...and you're better off waiting for the rheumatologist appointment. In saying that though, your situation may be different.

It might also be worth seeing a health psychologist to help with the depression and pain. Have you ever considered this?

Highlighted

I've been dealing with my arthritis for about 5 years now, and its all become to difficult once I move onto the adult ward. Everything was so much easier in the children's, I had a direct number to contact but the adults don't have that so whenever I call the hospital and ask them to transfer me through, they never do it.

I saw a health psychologist a couple of years ago because the hospital didn't believe that I was in pain and thought it was all in my mind. A couple of months after they found out I did have RA. The psychologist did give me tips on what to do with the pain but its been so severe that I've had to take work off and I've missed so many days of doing university work

Highlighted

I see! Yeah I have a similar condition, and my mum has RA. Are you taking any medication for it? @sunnygirl606 

Highlighted

Im on a lot of medications for it but the problem is, theyre starting to fail and my RA has been spreading