@Ladybug 

Not really

My best mate and his Mum know

Also my teacher does to

Re: Parents

@Ladybug @dog_lover94 @scared01 

I just really miss the good times I had with my Dad

I'm sorry that you feel lost @Dyl. We are always here for you to offer support. You can chat whenever you like. You're not alone even though it can sometimes feel this way. Both your parents love you and want the best for you. And everyone here on ReachOut is thinking of you too. It's okay to wait until you're ready to tell your mum about how you feel. Does anybody else in your life know how you are feeling right now?

Would you like to share one of those good memories? I'm interested. Also do you know when you can next see him?

@Ladybug 

I don't see him often as he lives is Tasmania

We had some great moments and memories as he'd take me and my little sister to the movie whenever something we liked came out

And we'd always watch the footy and play footy (RUGBY LEAGUE/AFL) in the yard 

He'd always take me out to his shed where I would help him get out equipment and stuff like that 

Hey @Dyl, just joining in on the conversation here! Those sound like some really fun memories with your dad and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't seen him in a while.  It must be pretty difficult to meet up with him if he lives somewhere else.

It's good to hear that you do have some people who know about how you feel, so you can talk to them about it while you're preparing yourself to tell your mum.  Good luck and let us know how it goes! From my personal experience, honesty with parents is really important, especially with tougher subjects like this - your mum will be glad that you've been so honest with her.

In the meantime, is there another way you can get in contact with your dad - maybe a call or send an email?  I find that when I can't meet people physically, staying in contact via the internet can help me feel more connected with others!

Hi @Dyl,

That's understandable, do you have anyone who can help you rehearse what you want to say to her? It might help if you have practiced expressing your feelings about not seeing your dad before you tell her.

Let us know how it goes!

@dog_lover94 @missyj @Ladybug @scared01 

I'm still really struggling how to tell my Mum 

@dog_lover94 wrote:

Hi @Dyl,

That's understandable, do you have anyone who can help you rehearse what you want to say to her? It might help if you have practiced expressing your feelings about not seeing your dad before you tell her.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey @Dyl
Talking to parents about how you feel can definitely be tough sometimes. Would it help if you wrote out some dot points about what you'd like to happen? How would you like your conversation with your mum to go?

@MisoBear 

Yeah maybe that could work