cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Self Care

Just got back from a 30 minute walk around the estate I live in. I've finally woken up to the fact that exercise does wonders for helping to manage anxiety & depression. Smiley Very Happy

Woot for exercise! I went for a walk to the shops earlier and it was nice to just have some time to think and get some fresh air. 

Loving what everyone has done for themselves recently!

@Sagira; That's really cool! Congrats on going almost everyday! That itself is a huge achievement! I did it once a week last year and once lesson I got a bit over confident and was stretching beyond my ability and ended up with very sore stomach muscles for about a week... I learnt my lesson that day... haha... but it was good because we had a teacher who ran the lessons before school so we were so relaxed that day and the feeling flowed over a few days.. it was great.. (*opens google search to find place in my area..)

@Ruenhonx; Glad you like the idea Smiley Happy

@Shadow; Skipping school sounds good, I've had all week of only 2 hours (but I've had exams)

@Lokifish; It can be amazing what we learn somedays hey? I actually having to do 2hours each week of sport at school, as you hit year11 +12 and you don't have it, you miss it... I have a lot of funny memories... like the time I tested gravity numerous times one lesson.. Smiley Very Happy

& Me; what have I done today?
Today I walked to and from my exam. I treated myself to a delicious burger from a locally owned store. Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@ruenhonx  I'd really love a sleep in myself!!  But I can't sleep in past 7am...as I have a bird that wakes me up at 5am every morning.  It's draining.  Urgh...

@Shadow, I love a good chai.  ^_^

@Bee  Yes the yoga is amazing!  I'm addicted to it because it makes me stay present and aware.  It's also great rehab for my body.  Smiley Happy  You should definitely take it up again...but slowly!  I also loved sport in high school. 

@Sagira: There hasn't been much luck finding a place in my area... Might just see if I can find a dvd or a book, or just find a website... XD

I started a scarf this morning, which I spent about 1/2 an hour on before doing something else Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@sagira.. omg I feel so sorry for you, I hear 3 or 4 dogs in my neighbourhood but I am a person who can easily wake up and go to sleep - I let nothing mess with my sleep lol I can sleep anywhere at anytime as long a there is a bed lol Smiley Very Happy

@Shadow.. I'm craving some chai latte now.. yummmm 

Today after a long night of dancing in super heels decided to stay home and rest Smiley Happy also cleaned the house, kinda gives me a great sense of calm Smiley Happy 

@Bee that's a shame! It actually a 20 min drive to the yoga I go too. But it is so worth it I don't mind!! Hopefully something will come up.
A scarf...nice!

@ruenhonx Yeah...it's annoying. My psych said it's a fairly moderate case of PTSD. I'm always on edge from years and years of being interrupted during my sleep. So the slightest sound wakes me up instantly. I'm working on it. Smiley Wink
I love cleaning the house, it's so invigorating.

WELL...I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle today as I have to finish an essay, but I will try to fit some 'me time' in there.

learning a new recipe ! gives you reasons to shop and eat, two things i like doing

I woke up and did some uni work its really fun, blogging and social networking ( Studying is kinda like my relaxation technique) Smiley Happy

styling your hair differently

doing covers of songs

posting videos on YouTube - like a "how to ... "

EDIT : didn't realise this was a list of things we've done. although I have styled my hair differently today which was fun to play around with. have been singing to myself for like the past hour. and still deciding what kind of video to post on YouTube.