cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books!

It's been a while since this thread had some love... what's everyone reading this winter? Smiley Happy

@letitgo @mspaceK @Maddyw @queenP @N1ghtW1ng @Puppies026

Hi @lokifish, thanks for getting this thread up and running again! 

I just went and bought some new books yesterday. I am part-way through Mindset by Carol Dweck, which is about transitioning from a fixed and stagnant mindset to a growth mindset, but I'm feeling a little bogged down by all the seriousness of it. So, I grabbed some fiction to get me back in the reading mood. I'm starting with the Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - I love dystopian fiction like We and 1984 but I've never read this classic! I also have a copy of If All the Cats Disappeared from the World by Genki Kawamura. It is a Japanese book translated into English, and it follows a protagonist who makes a deal with the devil in order to extend his life after learning he has cancer. For every additional day that the main character receives, he has to choose something to eliminate from the world - it will be as though it never existed. It's very interesting, and really shows what we take for granted.

What about everyone else? 

This morning I finished reading No One is Too Small to Make a Difference by Greta Thunberg which is really just a collection of speeches Greta has made across the world to enact action on the climate crisis. 

I'm obsessed with Liane Moriarty! 

I am currently reading her book "My husbands secret". Really enjoying it so far

Highly recommend her book "nine perfect strangers" 

Thank you for the tag @lokifish!! Heart

I am going to start reading Bridge of Clay. It's been sitting on my shelf for nearly a year... Ooops!   

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@statuscaring I love Liane Moriarty! I always end up reading her books within a couple of days because I can't put them down!

THat is exactly like me, so addictive and easy to read!
Highlighted

How did I not know this thread existed? I love a good book! Smiley Very Happy

@Maddyw I love Greta Thunberg, I'll have to add this book to my list! 

I just finished reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, which I found a really insightful and thought-provoking read. 

Yesterday I finished reading Allegra in Three Parts, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. I've realised that I particularly like books that are told from a child's point of view, as the narrator, Allerga, was 12 years old for most of the story Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

A couple of weeks ago i finished reading Motley Crues biography the dirt and it was amazing just to see the struggles they faced. It is a must read for any Motley Crue fans.