cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Podcasts

Have you ever thought of going minimalist @cupcakes_032 ? Or are there certain things you try to do to avoid clutter etc?

@MB95 I really like the idea, but my room is actually really messy haha especially my desk. I guess one thing I do is make sure I buy clothes that I'm sure that I want otherwise I know that I won't wear it. How about you? Smiley Happy

So I don't know about you guys, but I have been going on some serious podcast binges lately, and I found a few gems that I thought people may like! 

Making Beyonce 

This one is seriously fascinating and delves pretty deeply into the history of Beyonce from when she was a kid performing on Star Search, it's super well-researched and is such a fascinating look at the machinations that happen behind the scenes in the music biz. 

Image result for beyonce gif

2. Unlocking Us by Brene Brown

I am planning to start this one this weekend, friends have been raving about it!

Her blurb sums it up pretty well: 

"I’ve spent over 20 years studying the emotions and experiences that bring meaning and purpose to our lives, and if there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s this: We are hardwired for connection, and connecting requires courage, vulnerability, and conversation. I want this to be a podcast that’s real, unpolished, honest, and reflects both the magic and the messiness of what it means to be human. "

And one of my old favourites, This American Life 

This week's is a beautiful collection of stories titled "Alone Together". 

Just thought I'd tag in a few people who may have stuff to add or have time on their hands at the moment and be keen to jump in with some more favourites! @Tay100  @WheresMySquishy  @MB95  @Hozzles  @Bee  @Tiny_leaf  @Rattata would love to hear about any other podcast gems you've come across lately!

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Janine-RO  Omg thankyou so much, I feel so honoured you thought of me! I'll defs give it a listen!

I know this is for kids, but I've been listening to the Big Fib/Pants on Fire after watching the show on Disney+. In each episode, a kid is presented with two people who are claiming to be experts on a particular subject and they have to guess which one is actually an expert and which one is making it up.
I thought the show was hard sometimes, but for me the podcast is so much harder to guess who the expert is!

The Joe Rogan Experience

Jocko Podcast

Cleared Hot Podcast

Ooohh that one sounds great @WheresMySquishy , do you think an 11.5 year old would like it? Adding it to my list of podcasts now! 

@hunginc  do you have any favourite episodes of the joe rogan experience? Heaps of people have recommended it to me but there's so many episodes it's hard to know where to start! 

I really like some of Dax Shepherd's episodes of Armchair Expert, he's talked to some really interesting people - and for some light relief especially when we were in lockdown I really liked Fake Doctors, Real Friends . For any fans of Scrubs, it's Zach Braff and Donald Faison doing a podcast where they chat through every episode of scrubs from the very beginning, with a bunch of the actors/ bill lawrence etc. 

Fake Doctors, Real Friends with Zach and Donald

Reply All is another one of my go-tos. Eclectic and makes me feel like I'm listening to friends, they do some amazing and fascinating stories! This episode is one of my recent faves, "A man in California is haunted by the memory of a pop song from his youth. He can remember the lyrics and the melody. But the song itself has vanished, completely scrubbed from the internet."

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Janine-RO His podcast with Brian Cox is one of my favourites. But there are so many though ehich I cannot list from the top of my head 

That pod sounds adorable @WheresMySquishy ! And I will have to check out that Beyonce one @Janine-RO that sounds like everything I want in a pod. My brother also loves pods and Beyonce and I am shook he hasn't mentioned this to me before.

I also am a big fan of Brene Brown and really love her podcast Heart

My fave pod is probably "Just the Gist" with Rosie Waterland and Jacob Stanley, they are best friends and comedians who give just the gist of some fascinating topic like a scam or a scandal or something curious like the Loch Ness monster or the plot of Cats. It comes out on Friday mornings and is often a good lol!

There is also an old podcast I liked called Podsocs, which is about social work and might be worth a listen for any social workers/peeps studying social work Smiley Very Happy

@Janine-RO  I think she'll like it! It's mostly aimed at kids but I have no idea how some of the kids are able to guess the fibber better than I am. I can only tell when it's a topic that I know well. Smiley LOL
I feel like anyone who likes guessing games (e.g., The Masked Singer, etc.) will like it.