cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Talking about anatomy!!

Nope, no mirror training for me! I am more focussed on functional strength so i do weird things like kettlebell swings, turkish getups, hollow body holds, L sits, hanging leg lifts, pull ups and other stuff like that. I'm focussing on getting my core strength up at the moment because i want to be able to do a Manna. I've given myself 18 months to build the strength for it and it's my marathon. 

daniel-manna.jpg

I am now resiting the urge to nerd out about the velocity force curve...

Highlighted

Okay I'll stick to running and other sports where my feet touch not my hands Smiley LOL

Now I'm waiting expectantly for you to explain the force velocity curve @Ben-RO Smiley Wink

I love that there's a bone called Atlas that holds up your head, just like the myth of Atlas holding up the world! The story nerd in me emerges, haha!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

This is probably more physiology than anatomy but oh well, I'm posting it here Smiley Tongue

I've been reading a lot about the gut microbiome and how influential it actually is. And now I'm scared off junk food and want to eat nothing but chick peas for the rest of my life because the good bacteria die without a high fibre diet hahaha

This looks interesting. Studying Yr11 PE and Health (separate topics) this year so I find this stuff really interesting.

@FootyFan26 I did year 11 health in year 10 and LOVED it! It's probably changed a bit since then (that was five years ago Smiley Surprised) but yeah, great subject choice Smiley Tongue

I'm in it now and my phone keeps vibrating in my pocket from the tags Smiley Tongue

Doing nutrients atm.

Haha oops, maybe I should stop tagging you Smiley Tongue

Oooh nutrients are interesting. Have you started looking at glycolysis/Kreb's cycle yet? (or maybe I did that in biology - all the subjects are a blur now Smiley Tongue)

Soz @Ben-RO @loves netball for the delayed reply.

The memory palace is a brilliant method of memorizing...anything! You essentially code information to specific points in a familiar space to you and simply follow that familiar space to each new item. So say that your house is the place you know the best (probably!). First place you start is probably the front door. We'll assume you're trying to remember 15937. So the front door is where you put 1. So the door has 1 doorknob. There's your first cue! Moving on, on the right, say you have a table on there with a plant. If you imagine a plant with five huge snarling leaves like the giant dog in Harry Potter, then there's your second cue! Then you can keep going from there. The more vivid the image, the better you can retain it. I reckon it's an awesome way to remember things because the brain naturally remembers spatial information well. I used it to memorize the entire periodic table in order before for fun. It gets easier the longer you use it though if you don't revise it, as always, you'll forget and it's quite time consuming to start. It's a very cool party trick and better applied, a fantastic memory tool. Essentially, the more creative the thought, the better.

Guys, look at this!

Smiley Very Happy 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!