cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Not sure what to do

does the electricity bill show the days when electricity was most used?
Highlighted

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣 I CAN'T!!!! I love this so much!!! It's so brilliant I don't even have words lol I'd be shaking at the knees ahaha If I shout you flights do you wanna come fight the battle for me?! LOL You can kick her out and take her room if you like? Sounds like you'd be a much better housemate!! Then we could play pictionary in person lol

And no it doesn't.. but I have thought about calling the electricity company to see if I can get some sort of report to show how much we used and when to prove to her what a difference it makes when you don't run air cons 24/7 etc. Idk, I don't wanna be a bitch but I am also so sick of her shit. She just has no respect for others and I cannot stand people like her at all. I feel like I'm quite genuine and easy going and will always do right by people yet it always just screws me over. I've given into her shit enough and I just don't feel like this is fair! 

As much as I LOVE and appreciate your advice and support I'm also hoping some of the adults like @Janine-RO might also see this and reply. Cause I feel like you and I are twins and I don't know if we're missing something here?! 😂 Like they seem more adult than us so might understand how bills work more lol I mean everywhere else I've lived we've always evenly split but who knows! Maybe some people do things differently which is why I wanna hear everyones opinions! I get it sucks paying rent and bills when you're not home but isn't that what being an adult is all about?! 😂 #adultlifeSUCKS 

Highlighted

Congratulations on receiving a job offer through your placement @MB95. That is really awesome and definitely something that you should be proud of! It's a shame that you didn't get to discuss your journal entries within the session, but you can always discuss these next time you see your psych. Heart

I am sorry to hear about the situation you have been put in lately with your housemate. It sounds like a really difficult and uncomfortable position to be in. Smiley Sad I think you and Lost_Space_Explorer5 have pretty much covered most of what I can say lol! I do not think that you should be paying more and that it should remain an even split. Just because they were away for a period of time does not mean that they aren't liable for the usage ! This is particulaly true as some of the bill's charges are service charges, which do not change and are charged because the service is active (so they should be payng their portion of this anyway!). They should definitely pay their way, especially if they were being a bit reckless with the electricity towards the end! It can be hard with splitting bills, especially electricity bills as they do not often have the usage breakdown. I would definitely ring up your electricity company though to see how they can help you out, as they may be able to send a detailed breakdown (or even a breakdown for different time periods). This way you can compare the usage from the different time periods from when it was you alone and after they came back and went usage-crazy!

It can be really hard to stick up for yourself, especially when the person you are going to confront likes to argue their point. I think it would be a good idea for you to stick to your guns with this though, as you are not in the wrong (that's if you feel comfortable doing that!). It might be a good idea to stick to firm boundaries with this housemate from here on out as it seems like she can be unfair towards you and the other housemate at times. Setting some boundaries now, might be helpful if there are any other issues in the future. Hopefully this is helpful!

Highlighted

Thanks @Sophia-RO ❤ I'm pretty stoked about it! I'm not too fussed we didn't talk about the journal too much cause when I emailed her I told her I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk about it or not. So she checked with me first and we decided it would be best to just briefly chat about a few things and leave the rest for a later time which I appreciated. 

I also really appreciate your input and thoughts on my stupid housemate situation. I have a heap of messages from them but I'm not opening them cause I just need some time. It was nice during the day cause I didn't think about it cause I was so busy at work. But now I just feel like shit. I hate being angry and I hate conflict and people being angry at me. It just makes me really anxious and feel so sick. I'm trying not to let it but for some reason it's really triggering my internal voices and making me hate myself. I know it's stupid and I shouldn't let it get to me but I can't help it. I feel like hurting myself to make it stop. I just don't know what to do. I asked one of the ladies at work and she laughed and said it should be split between the three of us too. But I don't know how to stand my ground and tell them. Like they've made me feel so bad about it and then it starts my thoughts and well lets just say it goes way downhill from there. I kind of want to call one of my psychs for help but don't know if I should. 

Highlighted

How do I stop doubting myself? I feel like a bad person. Like I feel like I know I'm not in the wrong but I can't quite get myself to believe it? I just feel bad for standing up for myself because I don't feel like I'm worthy. So I don't know how to do it without giving in? I just feel like shit and want this to be over cause it's making me sick. 

Highlighted

You're not a bad person! Definitely call your psych if you need, you may be able to rehearse what you will say to the mean housemate Smiley Happy
Highlighted

So.. I was just getting something out of the pantry and found my housemates meds.. they had the same sticker on them that says not to stop them abruptly like mine say so I was curious if they were an SSRI. I feel bad but I decided to google the name of it and turns out it is. I don't know how I should feel about it. This is the housemate that has been being a complete bitch to me (it got a whole lot worse tonight but I can't be bothered going into it) so I don't know how I should feel. Like, it makes me sad that people are on them and I feel for them when they are cause of my own journey, I guess I just get how hard it can be? Idk. So part of me feels guilty and I don't even know why! Like I feel like I should just give in and pay more rent than her like she wants. But then I also feel annoyed because I'm also on the same sort of meds and dosage yet I don't treat people like shit? Idk. I just don't quite know how I should be feeling about it. Part of me feels bad and part of me believes it's no excuse for her to treat me like dirt? Idk. Should I be cutting her some slack? 

Highlighted

Hmmm lets think about this in another way.. with a physical health problem that has less stigma.

Imagine you both had idk.. diabetes? And you found her insulin pen. Would you still feel guilty like you should give in if you were also diabetic? You might empathise with her but just cause she has the same illness doesn't mean she can have everything her way

What do you think of my terrible analogy Smiley Tongue?
Highlighted

hm but saying that.. when you understand someone a little better you can feel less anger towards them... they would be likely to sense this empathy you're putting out and be more open to talking with you. Maybe you could try to open up to her.... eep (or not)
Highlighted

I LOVE your analogy and it was actually such a good way to look at it, thankyou!! ❤ 

I would never dream of opening up to her about my mental health. Like ever. She is the type of person that would use it against me. And I hate saying that but it's true. I can't quite put it into words but she is EXTREMELY difficult to deal with. I feel like I've given her so many chances. And I've tried so hard to help her and let things slide but now I just feel like she's taking me for a ride. She is just extremely self centred and inconsiderate of others. I really hate talking about people like that but it's true. I really have tried and given her so many chances but I'm done with her shit. I think your analogy made me realise that. Part of me still slightly feels sorry for her, but the bigger part of me is trying to tell me to stand up for myself. I'm on meds too yet I don't bully people and make them feel like shit. Idk. Sorry. I'm just a little all over the place. She really hurt me and I've been sick the last couple days because of it. It's all far too much to go into but I really have empathised with her, and I thought we were on a good page but clearly not. I don't think anything will change. One of us is moving out hopefully soon so it should all be good!