cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW Feeling shit about myself

Hi @Tiny_leaf,

I am so sorry to hear that graphic content was incorporated in the show you were watching- it sounds like it was really triggering Heart Unfortunately there are still too many tv shows and movies that explore these important topics in really upsetting or unsafe ways. I am wondering if you think reporting this program to somewhere like SANE's stigma watch or Mindframe who do a lot of work with media and producers around creating safe content would be helpful? It's also something I know ReachOut's content team have been speaking about recently- there's a lot more education and advocacy we can do as a community in this space! 

It looks like you were able to use some strategies to stay safe last night, including ripping up a cardboard box- you took some great steps to manage the feelings Heart Ripping up cardboard and paper can be really cathartic. What are you going to do today to look after yourself?  

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Thanks @CowboyBebop 

No, I've felt like this for years. It's just slightly worse rn.

I'm not doing great. I'm still safe though.

Thanks @Jess1-RO 

They were doing so well too - like being genuinely empathetic and non-judgmental. I'm still not sure what that scene was trying to achieve though..

I've seen the stigma watch thing. I'd like to do stuff there, but don't really have the energy rn...

I have horse riding later today. Other than that I'm not really sure..

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been going through this for a long time and that this is especially a hard time. It is so good to hear that you’re taking part in activities you enjoy, like horse riding. That’s really valuable! Have you got any more self care plans? 

@CowboyBebop not really...

There's not that much I enjoy at the moment. My friend might be coming over though.

I made myself food. Smiley Happy

I nearly had a panic attack at least once, but I did it. The chances of food poisoning are pretty low and nothing exploded so I'm going to call it a success.

Highlighted

That sounds like a success! What did you make? And great that you were able to avoid a panic attack Heart How did you manage through that?

@Taylor-RO I honestly have no idea but it involved potato.

And luck I think..

Hey @Tiny_leaf . I just caught up on this thread and I'm really sad to hear how much of a hard time you are going through right now. I feel like alot of what you're saying resonates with me, especially with the whole graphic content thing. I'm glad you destroyed the box. It made me giggle seeing the box and trying to empathise with the box. 

I've been really struggling too and it's hard when you don't feel like you're getting the support you need. I had to really ask to be put on another therapy program at headspace because I just need more things to look forward to. 

It may not be exactly helpful but I want you to know that you're not alone, you matter and I love talking to you on the forums. You're a true valued member. I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. We got your back here at RO. 

Thank you so much @mspaceK