cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Inspired Usernames

@BIrdeye: that's intersting, for some reason when I think of a possible meaning for your name I think of being ina plane (yet I've never been in a plane) and looking out the window and having a 'birdeye' view of everything. Kind of like seeing things from a different perspective... that's what comes to my mind Smiley Happy

@Ruenhonx: haha, that made me laugh, I only think of a bee because leat year I think it might have been Sophie, had typed in "happy birthday bee" into google she she attached this image that looked so cool - well I liked it anyway Smiley Happy

Thinking more about how I came to have Bee as my username I have this long winded story...
Basically when I first signed up to the forums I didn't really know who I was. I was kind of lost in everything and it was when things seemed so grey and lifeless. When I had to create a username I just put unknown, because I didn't know who I was. Eventually I came around to the forums and I wanted a different name, I didn't want to bee seen as a negative, I wanted to be more of a positive. I wasn't very creative and Just took the first 2 letters of my name and repeated the second. And it just stuck, I wasn't entirely happy with it but it was the best I could do. And after a while it just grew.
So when I signed up to these new forums, I just took my old username, and dropped the number.

Right now it kind of tells me to just bee, not to worry about the future or the past but to focus on the present. Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@LUTW: Makes sense to me! That's a good idea I reckon, I wouldn't have thought to centre it around one of my interests like that. Smiley Happy

@Rue: Oh okay, that's really cool! Thanks Smiley Happy

@Doris: I love that you have Dory as your avatar when your name is Doris Smiley Very Happy. I wish I knew of a character I could do that with.

Bee: Aw, thank you! It's funny that you mention that you didn't always like your username as I didn't like mine at first either! I've always liked yours too, and I love that you've attributed the meaning to just 'bee-ing' Smiley Tongue in the present and not worrying.

@Birdeye: That's interesting that your user name came from liking birds and the whole 'birds eye view' concept. I've always thought your username sounded quite wise (I think I got that from the whole 'birds eye view' thing and thinking that birds are more perceptive than people)

@DelicateDreamer: Thanks Smiley Happy I guess it sounded really silly when I first made it, but yeah it grew, I tend to use 'Bee' as my username now for almost everything I sign up to haha.... it seems to fit, and it's a great reminder to stay positive Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I've always wondered this too, and everyone seems to have some pretty awesome stories behind their usernames Smiley Happy

Mine is a combination of two inside jokes I have with a friend. 'Loki' was the name of a band (that's since had a namechange) that we both love to hate. As for the 'fish' at the end, well, that's the surname of the frontman of the band, who when I was fourteen I decided to 'marry' (I was a really crazy fangirl - and still probably am.) So 'Fish' has kind of become my second surname to those who know me.

When I signed up for RO I had spoken to my friend earlier that day, and I wanted a username that would cheer me up when I saw it. So, lokifish was born. Smiley Tongue

@Birdeye - Its <<Roo-No-Nk-S>> I hope I got that right lol I like your user name and never thought of the birds eye view before.. Thats cool Smiley Happy 

@Bee - Aww wow I like that. It's a great story and how you came to that is really awesome. Just Bee Smiley Happy 

@lokifish - Dedication much.. I love it, wish I had thought of that lol good one, I always wanted to know what yours meant, had all these ideas in mind lol Smiley Happy

@Lokifish: Ahh that's cool, I love inside jokes behind things, most of the times mine always seem so hilarious but aren't always that funny!

@Ruenhonx: Ahh, I'd always wondered how to pronounce your username... But with that explaination I can't pronounce it... I can't seem to get my toung around it haha
Thanks Smiley Happy I guess now it's more apart of me than I realise, (kind of wishing I put it on year12 jumper...)

@Birdeye: upon re-reading your explaination of your username I realise that you mentioned the birdeye view and I just rattled on about what I thought it mean - birdseye view, I should probably pay a bit more attention next time Smiley Tongue

Mine has a Buddhist meaning. Atma means the higher self or soul.

That is about as simple as I can make it without confusing you.

@Bee - Yeah it is a bit hard to pronounce lol I think if you heard it then it would make it easier to pronounce Smiley Happy
@Atma - Wow that is deep. Really awesome I like it Smiley Happy

Thanks Ruen,

I spent awhile thinking of what to make it as my old one was just a nickname I picked up when I was younger.

I love that my name means something to me!

Well my username... I've had tages one for ages and it's basically the username I use for everything. I don't think there's a heck of a lot of meaning behind it, just that I'm one of those artsy fartsy type people and I do a lot of digital art, graphic design, etc. And I thought "graphic" is a cool word and basically corresponds to everything I do, and then I made it "graphiqual" with a 'qu' instead of a 'c' cause it just sounds and looks that much cooler. And also cause I just tend to like misspelling words for the sake of it Smiley Very Happy