cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: Why Am I getting Bullied? Why do I feel alone in a crowd of people?

I'm making this post, because I'm getting bullied, and I need help with coping.

I have my two friends back, even if I don't hang out with them much. They don't know what's happening to me, because I don't want to start drama between me and my bully.

I finally reported an incident that happened on Wednesday, and it's being dealt with as we speak.

But it doesn't help that I already feel alone, even with my friends. Everything I do, feels like a wrong thing to do. 

I feel like a mistake, disgrace, and letdown to the face of this earth.

Why do I feel so alone?

Is there anyone to help me? Any tips, suggestions, etc?

@Bananatime04 @DruidChild @Jay-RO @mspaceK @TOM-RO @Sammyye @Andrea-RO @scared01 @WheresMySquishy @Tiny_leaf, Anybody?

Re: TW: Why Am I getting Bullied? Why do I feel alone in a crowd of people?

I’m sorry but I can’t right now Lexi.. I’ll be back tonight to talk but right now I’m not feeling great.
I hope you feel better soon ❤️
Thinking of you

You don't have to @Bananatime04. I'm just waiting for someone who can help when they're ready.
Highlighted

I want to help.. I love talking to you But I don’t think I would be very helpful right now..

It's Ok. Just wait till you calm down from your current feelings, and help when you can. I don't mind.
I'm not currently in a bad headspace. Although...
I am feeling a little nauseous... But apart from that, I'm ok.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx

I think the topic of bullying and how it can make someone feel is something so many people here can relate to- so thank for you making this new thread! Heart It's going to help a lot of people reading too!

Firstly, good on you for having the courage to report the bullying you were experiencing. It is not easy to stand up and say something, but definitely the right thing to keep you safe at school Heart

It sounds like there are still some feelings of loneliness after reporting the bullying and knowing that your friends aren't aware of what happened. I can imagine that carrying what happened and not being able to talk to them about it is really really hard Heart Friends can be a really big support in tough times, and when they don't know to support you through this, I can understand you are feeling lonely. We are here for you when you need to chat!

What other supports do you have outside of your friends? Apologies if I have asked you before, but are you seeing a counsellor that you can talk to about these feelings?

Super proud of you for standing up for yourself!

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Thanks @Jess1-RO.
I'm only just friends with them again, as I had a toxic relationship with them. But it's been a term, and we came back together again. They're more of the "cool" type of people.

Yes, I do have a counselor, but she is on her honeymoon for her service leave. She won't be back till late this term/early next term. I have no other supports, that are able to give counselling support. I still have my year co, and my year level deputy principle. But they can't give me that kind of help. I also have three teachers that are very trusted by me, but again, they can't support me in the way that I need.

I just feel so alone. I already have health issues that make me tired and sick at school, loneliness is even more tiring. I feel so hurt by that kid's behaviour.

Do you have any other suggestions? For the bullying part, at least.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your counsellor is away Heart 

Hmm, it's a good question. I think try and make sure other people are around when you are near that person in class. Do your class teachers know what to look for you in the classes you are both in? Making sure they know what to look for can be really helpful so they can intervene if they see anything starting up.

When I was in school, I made an agreement with my teachers when I needed time out if class was too much, I could show them a "I need time out" card I carried in my pencil case, or give them a signal from the back of the class, and they just pretended I went to the bathroom while I had 5 mins to regather myself- it really helped just to get out of the environment if I needed to without alerting my classmates.

I am about to sign off for the week, but I would like to look up some ideas for how to address some of the bullying behaviours you were speaking about over the weekend and check back in on Monday with some more ideas Smiley Happy 

Hopefully in the meantime there will be some more ideas here too! 

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Thanks @Jess1-RO. I really appreciate it.
I already have 3 coloured cards, that I use when it gets too loud in the classroom. I normally end up outside with my work for the entire lesson, but that's because the noise gets so very unbearable... I also use it for when I need a time-out, but I'm not supposed too.

Yes, my teachers know about the problem, but I haven't completely told them who it is yet.
Thanks again. I really needed someone to let out my feelings to.

I have also been feeling really sick today... I don't know why....

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ! I will be around tonight to talk to if you need. I'm just eating dinner at a little kebab place and then I'll be driving home. Once I'm home I'll be a bit more active and can read through everything a bit more. 

But to start I just want to say that you are being really brave - using those cards to get out of class when the noise is too much and also for reporting the bullying! 

I'm super glad you are hanging with your friends again. It sounds like the relationship is better and you could definitely use some positive friend time. Surrounding yourself with positive people is a great step towards feeling better about yourself and becoming motivated. 

You said you wanted to let your feelings out? Well I am here and ready to listen. What is the biggest feeling on your mind at the moment?