cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting the negative self talk go

Yesterday I wrote a post saying how I struggle with saying a lot of negative things to myself and I got a lot of helpful suggestions.

Sometimes challenging my inner bully can be almost impossible, especially in the moment when i'm angry or upset at myself. But there is alternative, recognising that the inner bully is there and giving myself space to recognise it, accept and let it pass. 

Have a look at this link where @Kaz-RO explains a bit more of the process

@Ben-RO suggested that I make a thread so that a few us can work on this together, I know that I find doing things with other people a lot easier.  

Hopefully some of you want to work on this too and we'll use this thread to talk about how we're all going with it and post some updates!

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Letting the negative self talk go

Thanks @j95 it's awesome that you made this thread!

I reckon that the first step in learning to have a thought and then just let it go is a fair bit of mindfulness practice. It's a good way to get the hang of thoughts and realise they don't own you and don't always necessarily have to be true, without having to fight them in the process. SO i think maybe something cool to do would be for anyone who's keen to have a go at some mindfulness meditation once a day for a few days.

Who's keen on doing a Smiling Mind session every day for the next 3 or 4 days?

I know i have kind of talked about self-talk  with a few of you and @Kaz-RO has talked to even more. So I am going to send a few @'s to see who's keen!

@Creativegirl12 @Bay52VU @redhead @FootyFan26, you folks might be interested, anyone else is most welcome to join in too!

This is sounding good, I'll get started tonight!

I'm definitely in. Thanks for starting this up @j95 and @Ben-RO Smiley Happy

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

This is such an awesome idea @j95. I want to join! I should totally be trying to do this every day instead of just When Bad Brain Attacks Smiley Wink

I'm in too Smiley Happy.

Yay!

Okay i want us tall to have a go at doing a smiling mind meditation at the same time (or close to it) the plan being that we talk about how we feel before and after in the thread. Who's keen?

I was thinking we could get started at 5:30pm AEST tonight, but does that work for everyone?

I haven't started mine yet, I don't know if 5:30 will work for me maybe I'll just do it earlier this afternoon

Hrmm maybe we should start it tomorrow when we've had a chance to wrangle all our people up @Creativegirl12 @Bay52VU @j95 ? Are there times that are particularly good or particularly terrible?

I'm not sure at the moment, depends on if I go to work or not but probably sometime in the afternoon either way but not too late maybe like 2:30 @Ben-RO