cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

Hey there legends! It's almost the end of 2020 so we've decided on a topic to fit that! I hope you're all doing okay, and it's okay if you aren't- I hope you can reach out and talk to someone (and of course, we're here for you if you need!)

So this coming Wednesday the 30th of December at 7:30pm AEST, we'll be chatting about our reflections of the past year and hopes for the future. We'll be chatting about our experiences of 2020 and how we plan on approaching the new year. 

Of course we'll all have unique (and shared) experiences for this year and I hope we can come together to support each other and reflect on what's happened

As always, make sure you check out the community guidelines and reach out to some support if at all you need it. These topics can bring up feelings of distress and that's completely normal so please don't hesitate to seek support if you think that would be helpful

I hope we'll see you there! Looking forward to it! Smiley Very Happy

giphy

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

Can't wait for this GR! Smiley Happy

Re: Live GR: Bringing in the New Year (Wednesday the 30th of December, 7:30pm AEST)

Just tagging some peeps who might be interested or who have been active recently Smiley Happy

@Bingo1234 @hunginc @Tiny_leaf @lemurien @GioDes @musicfan_xo @featuringme @A_Friend @celestialdreamer @WheresMySquishy @SomeoneNADJS @xXLexi_Lou122Xx  @Saltwaterdreamtime @Hozzles 

We'll be starting this GR at 7:30pm tonight

Thanks for the tag @Lost_Space_Explorer5 

Thanks @Lost_Space_Explorer5 so keen for this GR to start!! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the tag @Lost_Space_Explorer5 , keen for tonight's GR! May not be able to stick around for all the questions, but I'm ready to reflect on the rollercoaster year 2020 has been Smiley LOL

Hey everyone! It’s time for our live GR ‘Bringing in the New Year’! Smiley Very Happy Thank you for coming along, I’m really looking forward to tonight’s chat

giphy

As always, if at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

giphy

Yay, it sounds like everyone is super keen! Welcome everyone!

It's time for our first question! Smiley Happy

What does the start of a new year mean to you? Is it a significant time? What will your approach to it be this year, compared to years past? (This could be in terms of immediate plans for New Years or your general approach for the year!)

giphy

To me, the new year is a bit like a fresh start, I try to use it to refresh mentally. I like to write a list of things that I would like to do during the year and specific goals I have. Next year, I really want to focus on participating in things that genuinely contribute to my life and positive mental health and saying no if I feel like it will do the opposite, just really getting that balance of uni, work, friends/family and my own time and trying to reduce my stress.