cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Creativity / Community Art

Wow thanks for your kind words @annabethxchase! I found the hair really difficult because they go any which way, I erased it a ton haha. The skin isn't actually too hard once you stop thinking of it as "a face" -- it's really just a bunch of grey shapes (planes) that looks like a face because of how they relate to each other (i.e. by their position / softness / shade). Does that make sense? You could even give it a shot if you like!

Thanks @unwind! Honestly, I only started properly drawing last year! I used to sketch Pokemon on-and-off (I'll have to find some) and did compulsory art / graphics (technical drawing) up to Year 9ish, but that's it. I read a realism graphite drawing tutorial and then took a crack haha

yeah that's so awesome Smiley Happy kinda, but don't worry your talking to a drawing noob here

"The skin isn't actually too hard once you stop thinking of it as "a face" -- it's really just a bunch of grey shapes (planes) that looks like a face because of how they relate to each other (i.e. by their position / softness / shade)."

anders holm wow GIF

I don't know why that sentence got me shook, but it did @nyke. Love it though Smiley Very Happy

I might start drawing a bit again -- I love the idea of it, but just never get around to doing it.

It's definitely worth another shot! I honestly felt the same way haha

anakin-sketch - nosign.jpg

I watched The Phantom Menace on Monday this week and felt the urge to draw young Anakin, so here he is!

That's so lifelike @nyke! Well done Smiley Happy

I drew a dinosaur! Okay, not really. I was inspired by one of my favourite youtube artists who streamed a bunch of monsters he drew (google it, Jazza Bandersnatch, it's amazing) but anyway yeah. I decided to draw my own, then the design reminded me of a dinosaur so I used it as a reference and here he is! (he's named too and everything)

51987045_2226161704306266_4229785841523752960_n.jpg

(his name means purple, horned dinosaur Smiley Tongue)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Oooo! That deep shade of purple looks fantastic @N1ghtW1ng and the shading really brings out some depth. Very cool!

Omg @N1ghtW1ng I love that dinosaur!! Smiley Very Happy @nyke whoa your anakin looks great, very realistic!!

I painted this the other day, it was nice and relaxing. 

EF257863-DA49-4E43-9822-864BA1350015.jpeg

This thread is awesome! I did this zentangle like thing the other day. It's kind of basic, because I haven't done things like these for a while, but it's really relaxing to do and I'm going to do more when I get the chance. Here it is:

image1.jpeg