cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What's your hobby/hobbies? (chance to learn something new!)

Heyo! I'm always on the hunt for new activities, creative pursuits or sports to do. I think it would be awesome to learn about more stuff and if you could list some of your favourite things to do!!

I'll start - my current hobbies are:

1. screenwriting

2. filmmaking (short films!)

3. yoga

4. reading when i have the time

5. painting (but i have to admit, i haven't done this one much because i'm not sure where to start with supplies and it's something i wanna get into more)

over to youuu

Highlighted

Re: What's your hobby/hobbies? (chance to learn something new!)

1. crochet
2. scrapbooking
3.readng
4. listening to music
5. painting/drawing
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

My current hobbies include playing board and video games, scrapbooking, watching movies and TV shows, listening to audiobooks, journalling, photo editing and listening to music.

@wanderingwasp  It's so cool you like making short films! I've tried doing that but I don't think I was that good.

@scared01  I'm hopeless at crochet. I tried doing it once and failed miserably. I'd love to see some of your designs one day!

Highlighted

Hi guys, great idea @wanderingwasp

My top hobbies at the moment would have to be:

1. Guitar

2. Reading

3. Meditation

4. Listening to music

5. Nature walks

@wanderingwasp I believe watercolour paints are relatively easy and inexpensive to start with (can buy in sets). My partner started with this and picked it up quite quickly Smiley Happy.

Great lists @WheresMySquishy @scared01

Highlighted

Awesome thread idea @wanderingwasp I also love reading and yoga! My other favourite hobbies are teaching myself songs on the violin, journalling and sport (mostly aerobics, going for walks, dancing). The 2 things I really want to get into are boxing and learning a new language. I've kinda always wanted to have a book club too Smiley Happy

@wanderingwasp what film genres are you interested in?

Everyone's hobbies sound super fun and it sounds like we all love reading! What's everyone's favourite book? @wanderingwasp @scared01 @WheresMySquishy @Guitarman97 

Highlighted

1. Writing poetry

2. Colouring 

Tbh i don't have a lot but i do really want to get into more! So this thread is much needed for me Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Hi @celestialdreamer 

Lovely range of hobbies you have got going! How long have you been playing violin for?

I like my psychology and self help books, so my favourite would be 12 rules for life by Jordan Peterson. I've yet to start reading fiction (as I have only just recently started reading lol) but the Lord of the Rings books are high on my list to read. What would your favourite book be?

Highlighted

Hey @wanderingwasp - great idea ! @sunnygirl606 writing poetry would be such a great hobby and so therapeutic! Definitely something I want to one day appreciate and try and develop my skills in

@Guitarman97 im also a big fan of self-help / psychology books. My ALL TIME favourite is the skeleton cupboard by Tanya Byron - please do yourself a favour and have a read, I couldn't put it down.

I think my favourite hobbies at the moment would be:
1. Painting - I have just launched my own art business and just loving it
2. Reading - I love a good psychology book. As mentioned Tanya Byron is a must and I bloody love Irvan Yalom
3. Walks - although I havent been doing it that much this week I do love a good walk
4. Just some classic mindless television
5. cross-stitch! such an underrated activity - I havent done this in a while mostly because all were sold out at spotlight but dying to get my hands on one fun one
Highlighted

Amazing book recommendation. Just googled it and the summary sounds interesting so I've added it to my list!

Is it ok if i ask more about your journey with ur art business? I've recently gotten into drawing with charcoal etc. and i was wondering how realistic it would be to make a profit on charcoal drawings online such as etsy? Also, what type of art do you do and how did you grow that passion?

Thanks!!

Highlighted

Hey! I'm still exploring (as i used to be really into writing thrillers and horrors hehe) but right now i'm into slow paced dramas that usually focus on true crime or family Smiley Happy 

I find that with time and watching more niche films that I realise how young the art of cinema is. Like it hasn't been around for long and there calls for more experimentation!